Viper PST 5-25x50 opinion

I have bull barrel 300 win mag. I plan to shoot to 1000 yards on steel for fun/practice and hunt with occasionally. Does anyone have experience with this scope at 1000 yards?
How is the clarity?
Does ffp make it hard to shoot say under 200 yards?
Is there a better option in this price range of this scope?
I have one and I bought a nlghtforce SHV and I would spend the few extra and get the SHV MUCH BETTER. I am going to sell the vortex and get another SHV.way better clarity better light transmission (56mm obj.) Compared to 50.

I have a gen 1, not a huge fan by any means it's an ok introductory level scope in my opinion. I don't like how thick the reticle is. So I'll stick with Nightforce NXS or ATACR thanks.

I appreciate the info and thoughts from everyone. I am now leaning to a Zeiss v4. To many options and never enough money to buy them all.

Last edited:
Love my PST II 5-25 Mrad. It does everything well. I shoot out to and beyond 1k yards.

But I Might be selling it to raise funds for a form 4 rifle purchase. IDK

MVIMG_20190407_140746.jpg

Got it all together now.

I have been looking at the Torric ? 4-20 for a 224valk I'm building. This could be an option as well.
Yeah I ordered a Whitney 6mm bartlein 5r barrel 22" and stabbed it on a young manufacturing billet side charge upper. Can't wait to stretch it out to 500-600 yards soon. So I had to have the PST gen 2 to go on top of it.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts