Vertical grouping

thaught

38E3246E-96F8-41D8-8875-A79DACE9247B.jpeg
How would you all fix and tighten this group? Here are the velocities...

Could be any number of things but for me I would:
1) check bedding and that everything is properly torqued (scope, mounts, action)
2) fine tune charge weights around that node and retest
3) do a seating depth test
4) try different brass and/or primer

This is assuming all the shooting fundamentals are sound.

What caliber is this? I've seen that kind of stringing from someone switching from a light caliber to a magnum, was addressed after working on recoil control fundamentals.

Try a different powder charge to find a node.
What caliber is this? I've seen that kind of stringing from someone switching from a light caliber to a magnum, was addressed after working on recoil control fundamentals.
Oddly enough, I was working on two rifles. 7 mag and this rifle, 6.5 PRC

Could be a few things. Few ways to fix it to. It could be human error. Powder charge off. I have been told sometimes vertical stringing can be the load wants to go faster, horizontal stringing is seating depth. Now any kind of stringing can be human error too. Did you do a latter test and look for a flatline in velocity?

View attachment 164611 How would you all fix and tighten this group? Here are the velocities...

Been watching and asking question with benchrest shooters and what I have learned that this could be not at proper powder amount. work on powder in .2 -.3 grains and see if it tightens up. As another comment said. when vertical evens out then work on horizontal with seating depth.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.