Varget and Retumbo

I'm in Cheyenne. I'd make that drive. Care to PM and tell me where I'm going?

Thanks!

Don
Big Don, the Casper Rocky Mountain Discount Sports on CY Ave in Casper looked like that last weekend too. That was on Saturday. I would call them before making the drive though. Later this month I am driving to Colorado Springs to visit my son. If I can pick something up for you let me know.

Big Don, the Casper Rocky Mountain Discount Sports on CY Ave in Casper looked like that last weekend too. That was on Saturday. I would call them before making the drive though. Later this month I am driving to Colorado Springs to visit my son. If I can pick something up for you let me know.
200 mi. Better than 400.

I was bit by a dog in Gympie in 2018 (required plastic surgery at Royal Women's Brisbane Hospital) - can't be that far from you.

Ms LRNut used to live in Perth (actually Mandurah) and has friends in WA and Queensland. I am visiting our friends and then I have a business meeting meeting in Christchurch. Going hunting with a guy I hunted with back in 2003 (tahr and chamois).

Interesting, the woman who bought my wife's house in Mandurah (we are staying with her the rest of the week after tonight) has a son who immigrated to Canada and is now a big hunter and LOVES LR gong shooting with his .338 Edge. He plans on hunting deer in CO this fall at our place there.

Any chance you know Tony Baker?

Talk about unlucky, the RBWH is about 2 hours drive from my place, I have to go there for work on occasions.

There you go my wife grew up in Perth also, but we met in a place called Junee in NSW.

I have some friends in Canada right now, looks like an amazing place to go hunting.

Doesn't ring a bell.

I was told by a friend today that his LGS had a letter from Hodgdon saying these 2 powders were not being sold retail, indefinitely, due to demand by lake city (military).

Anybody heard or seen similar?
Varget I wouldn't believe...unless it's because it's all being shipped to Canada (😉).....but Retumbo....that's another thing...and we've (Canada) been told not to expect any RL products before October....first 5 months...not a lb.!

Glad I got 11 lbs of Retumbo two years ago. My dad's .264 wm loves the stuff. It's a hunting rig though, so I have plenty to last. Varget is available, just bought some from powder valley a couple days ago, along with H4831sc and H1000.

RL26 on the other hand is just a myth, made up by 6.5 creed shooters so they can tell fish stories about how their creed duplicates PRC velocities......it doesn't actually exist.....lol
Duplicates PRC.... YOU MEANT SURPASSES IN EVERY ASPECT.......! If you are going to tell a story....TELL IT WELL! 😉

I found out last month a small company in Arkansas has built a primer plant and is testing them currently. https://www.dmholding.com/
This looks like equipment to build primers not making them for sale. I hope if they are going to build primers. Hopefully they are good one's. I've been reading the Fed is changing there make up of their primers. More lead free is my understanding.
Now congress is trying to take the lead out of all bullets. I wish the would leave us the hell a lone.

Last edited:

Recent Posts