Vais Arms Muzzle Brakes

tmax255

Can anyone tell me if Vais is still in business? Not having any luck getting ahold of anyone at the number or email.

I had a brake made by them 2 years ago but that was my last contact. Today, most shooters have gravitated towards bulky slab brakes for maximum efficiency. The Vais style brakes "may" be yesterday's news.

I used to order from Ron frequently but my needs have changed paths these days so I haven't spoken with him in a while. I did check the website and all the drop down menus show an Error Report and no information. There is no 'Contact' information. My guess is that the business is closed for some reason.

:(

I'm still getting the same as you. No access past the main page of the website and I see Midway and Brownells no longer offer them. I need one for a customers build but may have to go another route. They are my favorite for hunting rifles.

I did find this info on another post so if it's true then there will probably no longer be any VAIS brakes available. Posted back in September 2021:

I called Redhawk rifles last week to see when they would get the Vais brakes back in stock. He said they would not be getting any in because a tornado wiped out the shop. I have no idea how true it is; but if someone knows more about the company maybe they can clear it up.

Thanks sable tireur, I could make my own as well but when you're swamped with work it's worth it to simply buy it ready to go. I believe the holes in the front are important so I am considering buying one and adding the holes in the front that pass through the radial holes.

I did that a couple of times when ordering was a little long. Just watch the speeds and feeds on the drill bit because of those darn interrupted cuts.:(;)

What caliber are you looking for? Have you looked at Gentry brakes, they are very similar.
Gentry brakes are really not the same at all. With the offset holes you can't turn it into a VAIS style. I may just take the time to program it myself and make what I need. Was always easier to just buy one and install it.

Gentry brakes are really not the same at all. With the offset holes you can't turn it into a VAIS style. I may just take the time to program it myself and make what I need. Was always easier to just buy one and install it.
I never used a Gentry and just looked at one on line. You are correct, they are not at all alike. I do have a Vais in my .300 Win Mag. that I like. I was curious about what caliber you were looking for. I have a Vais in .338 that I have not had installed.

I never used a Gentry and just looked at one on line. You are correct, they are not at all alike. I do have a Vais in my .300 Win Mag. that I like. I was curious about what caliber you were looking for. I have a Vais in .338 that I have not had installed.
Thanks Ol'Red For this build I will need a 30 cal. Micro VIAS. I build a lot of 6, 6.5, and 7mm also. Generally need the VAIS Micro so with the smaller barrel contour you can blend them down to .650 which covers most of the builds I do for hunting rifles. If it's a larger caliber my customers generally are using heavy barrels and then I use ported brakes. I just like the VAIS for lighter contour hunting rifles.

Thanks Ol'Red For this build I will need a 30 cal. Micro VIAS. I build a lot of 6, 6.5, and 7mm also. Generally need the VAIS Micro so with the smaller barrel contour you can blend them down to .650 which covers most of the builds I do for hunting rifles. If it's a larger caliber my customers generally are using heavy barrels and then I use ported brakes. I just like the VAIS for lighter contour hunting rifles.
This one will sit on the shelf until I get around to putting it on my rifle then. I really like the Vais, but could always settle for something else.

Last edited:

Recent Posts