Muzzle brakes

Full time hunter

I have a Ruger RPR in 6.5 CM that has a factory muzzle brake. I have it set up for 140 grain ELDM's. It shoots fantastic. I use it for long range prairie dogs. I get more muzzle jump than I like and loose sight picture momentarily. I know I can go with a lighter load but don't want to do that. Any suggestions on a better muzzle brake?

I have a Ruger RPR in 6.5 CM that has a factory muzzle brake. I have it set up for 140 grain ELDM's. It shoots fantastic. I use it for long range prairie dogs. I get more muzzle jump than I like and loose sight picture momentarily. I know I can go with a lighter load but don't want to do that. Any suggestions on a better muzzle brake?
Search has everything you are looking for x 1000.

I use an APA Gen 3 on my 6.5 Creedmoor (Sako A7 with sporter weight barrel) and watch the rounds impact the target through the scope at magnification.

I own different MBs, including EC tuner, but most have been from Nathan
(https://muzzlebrakesandmore.com/muzzle-brakes) and have served me well on various rifles/cartridges. As @Reelamin noted, search, and you'll be overwhelmed with the results. You can start with the similar threads below your thread. Good luck!

For self-timing brakes I use APA and EC Tuner (Erik Cortina) brakes.
There is a lot of other brakes out there, with several more really good ones.
For a timed brake (One that a gunsmith puts on) my hands down favorite is Holland's Radial Baffle Brake.
Holland's on short barrels:
15.75" 308 Win with 155's:
15.9" 22GT with 88's (extremely light one hand hold)
17" 280AI with 140's at 2960 fps:
15" 6.5x47 Lapua with 130's (extremely light one hand hold)
18" 26 Nosler with 147's at 3047 fps (slo-mo)
18" 7mm Dakota Shooting 175's at 2900 fps (Boy with a light hold)
https://youtu.be/pDPx5sh8kPg
https://youtu.be/cRfCxi1oU4A

I have several brakes from Axisworks that awesome. I have the 5 port self timer on my son's light-ish 7mm-08 and recoil is greatly reduced.

Kirby Allen, anyone have his Website?
Edit, found the website. How do you order or get in contact with him?

Last edited:
I use an Ultradyne Apollo Max
Works great. Other than that, try an EC Tuner.

Terminator brakes from Australia:

I started using these brakes for rifles chambered for the .375 CheyTac and the .37 XC. Yes they are a little more expensive but they work when I need the best recoil reduction and less muzzle rise.

Enjoy!

:)