Muzzle brakes

@Ihedrick1. Beautiful rigs. To my eye though it looks like that 5 port brake could use a half turn more. Looks like it would cause more jump (Blowing gases towards the ground). The 3 port seems right to me. (Blowing up causing the barrel to stay down) I'm no expert for sure And likely have this all *** backwards. How does that 5 port expel the gases?

@Ihedrick1. Beautiful rigs. To my eye though it looks like that 5 port brake could use a half turn more. Looks like it would cause more jump (Blowing gases towards the ground). The 3 port seems right to me. (Blowing up causing the barrel to stay down) I'm no expert for sure And likely have this all *** backwards. How does that 5 port expel the gases?

The 5 port seems fine other than extremely loud and if you are standing behind the shooter, the concussion is pretty strong. I would say the recoil and muzzle jump was tamed to that of a .270 shooting while shooting 200 gr pills. But the explosion at the end of the muzzle isn't too pleasant.

Im confused. 180 degrees more turn would simply put the ports that are currently on the right side to the left side. How would that change the effect of the muzzle blast?

Im confused. 180 degrees more turn would simply put the ports that are currently on the right side to the left side. How would that change the effect of the muzzle blast?
That's true. I just went and rotated my brake. The only way the angle changes is to thread from the other end not rotate. It still looks different from all the other brakes I have. Like I said I'm no expert.

It's because there are two different 5-port designs...

Beast brake.JPG
Super beast brake.JPG

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.