USPS disgust….

ncfireman83

So I used my local post office back on January 18th to ship a stock back to Mesa to open a barrel channel up. In the process USPS lost my stock. I have fought with them since the first part of February to either find it or reimburse me. After phone call after call after call and submitting a claim with the exact invoice and credit card statement they continued to deny my claim. Luckily I got a local postal worker to step in to see this through. Received a "reimbursement settlement" of HALF of my stock costs to replace! HALF! While half is better than nothing it still ****es me off to no end that they were responsible for the handling of my package to and from and THEY lost it! And I get is half of what my item is worth to replace! Just beware and spend a little extra on other carriers with your valuables!

That sucks man! I do have a few legit questions; did you insure it and did they pay what it was insured for? Or did they just give you half the price you paid for it?

I will say that last year I had a barrel sent to me go missing for a couple/few months and couldn't be found. I filed an inquiry to no avail, then it just showed up one day after a local USPS worker put in an inquiry.🤷🏼‍♂️

That sucks man! I do have a few legit questions; did you insure it and did they pay what it was insured for? Or did they just give you half the price you paid for it?

I will say that last year I had a barrel sent to me go missing for a couple/few months and couldn't be found. I filed an inquiry to no avail, then it just showed up one day after a local USPS worker put in an inquiry.🤷🏼‍♂️

Yep insured to $700.00 and received $318.90 back. Hard lesson learned on this one.

Companies don't pay claims whenever possible. It's really fraud on their part.

When my mother moved, she was offered the option to insure the load. Why would you have to pay more money to protect your property when you are paying a moving company thousands of dollars to professionally move your belongings? I was against it, but my mother paid.

As it turned out, the movers broke the leg off an expensive table. The movers begged my mother to not put in a claim because they would get in trouble, maybe even fired. What BS, the whole load was insured. My mother caved in and told them to forget about it. Did they offer to return the insurance money; heck no!

They suck…I sent a spotting scope out that I had sold, a Swarovski STS HD. Had the eyepiece in a separate box but inside the package with the spotter body. When the spotter got to the person, there was a huge hole in the side of the package where the eyepiece was, and of course the eyepiece was gone. I insured it for $2500 and filed a claim. The claim I made was for $650 for just the eyepiece…because that was what was missing. They denied the claim because at first they said that I needed to give them the spotter body and file a full claim for the total amount. Which financially is ridiculous…I just wanted the piece that was missing, not the whole thing. After like 6 calls to them, they agreed that it could just be a partial claim…so I filed the claim, even the post office it was sent to confirmed that the box was ripped when they received it, but they denied the claim on that too. They stated that they needed the actual receipt for the transaction of me purchasing it…credit card statement was not good enough. I bought it like 3 years prior to the incident, I didn't have a clue where the original receipt was. I ended up buying another eyepiece because the guy who bought it from me didn't deserve to wait as it wasn't his fault. Bottom line, the post office sucks! I don't even bother with insurance anymore because they won't pay for anything, even when they are completely wrong. Have not seen a dime from that claim still to this day.

Mac

They suck…I sent a spotting scope out that I had sold, a Swarovski STS HD. Had the eyepiece in a separate box but inside the package with the spotter body. When the spotter got to the person, there was a huge hole in the side of the package where the eyepiece was, and of course the eyepiece was gone. I insured it for $2500 and filed a claim. The claim I made was for $650 for just the eyepiece…because that was what was missing. They denied the claim because at first they said that I needed to give them the spotter body and file a full claim for the total amount. Which financially is ridiculous…I just wanted the piece that was missing, not the whole thing. After like 6 calls to them, they agreed that it could just be a partial claim…so I filed the claim, even the post office it was sent to confirmed that the box was ripped when they received it, but they denied the claim on that too. They stated that they needed the actual receipt for the transaction of me purchasing it…credit card statement was not good enough. I bought it like 3 years prior to the incident, I didn't have a clue where the original receipt was. I ended up buying another eyepiece because the guy who bought it from me didn't deserve to wait as it wasn't his fault. Bottom line, the post office sucks! I don't even bother with insurance anymore because they won't pay for anything, even when they are completely wrong. Have not seen a dime from that claim still to this day.

Mac

Oh yeah they kept denying my claim due to "insufficient evidence or proof of purchase" when they had the paid invoice and credit card statement validating the purchase

Recent Posts