Shawn Carlock wins the USPSA Precision Rifle Nationals.

[ QUOTE ]
There are a few drawbacks although small ones, No one produces factory "match" ammo that I am aware of......... That being sais I'd choose it in a heartbeat over a 308.

[/ QUOTE ]

Has Blackhills just ran a batch of .260 match ammo???

I am not sure if Black Hills makes 260 ammo in a match configuration or not. It would not suprise me now nthat DPMS has released an AR platform in 260.
The 260 for deer hunting compared to the 308, just like the competion advantages I really don't see the 308 as being in the same ballpark as the 260 once some distance has been crossed. Inside 300 or 400 yards a flip of the coin, past that the 260 really shines compared to the 308. I like the 260 and have used it with great success with the 140 gr AMAX.

[ QUOTE ]
I am not sure if Black Hills makes 260 ammo in a match configuration or not. It would not suprise me now nthat DPMS has released an AR platform in 260.
The 260 for deer hunting compared to the 308, just like the competion advantages I really don't see the 308 as being in the same ballpark as the 260 once some distance has been crossed. Inside 300 or 400 yards a flip of the coin, past that the 260 really shines compared to the 308. I like the 260 and have used it with great success with the 140 gr AMAX.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it's just at the testing stage, here's a link I found... Blackhills ammo link

My longest shot on a big game animal was 618yds on a 100 poundish doe , I made the shot for a bi-pod with factory BlckHills loaded 175gr SMK's , she only ran about 40-50yds after being hit behind the shoulder.

Shawn your words about the 260 holding more energy at longer rages is encuraging seeing that I have one on the way

I have 200 Lapua 308 cases necked down and teck turned about 80% , a few thousand CCI BR-2 and Federal 210M primers and a pile of 140gr Match King and 140gr Bergers.

I was thinking about buying a keg of powder but not to sure what would be best for this case. 4350 , R-22 , VV-160?
Any sugestions Shawn?
The barrel is a 27" Lilja 3 groove 1-8 twist.

Congratulations. I am thankful that there are guys here like yourself that us Grenhorns can gather so much knowledge. Thanks

Nothing to wild:
LH Rem 700 SA
fixed ejector and bolt stop
HS Precision box mag assy
HS Precision Por series stock
Hart 26" barrel with brake, fluted 1-9 twist
DE Cheekpiece
Harris 9-13 "S" w/ pod loc
NF 3.5-15 NXS NPR2
NF 20 moa base and LW rings
ACI
Lo Pro scope level
tuned Rem trigger
metal done in OD Green
I shoot 140 gr Amax @ 2820 fps into tiny little groups

It has never lets me down.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.