US Optics?

beezaur

Hi Guys,

Anyone like US Optics scopes? I'm starting a new gun and considering these scopes. They have quite the assortment of options on the web: www.usoptics.com

I am getting sick of the parallax in my Leupold Vari-X II 3-9 w/target elevation, so I figured I'd go off the deep end and get a really nice scope. The gun will be something on the order of .308 Win and will be for year-round shooting at ranges usually below 800 yards. I am also looking at Nightforce NXS, maybe 5.5-22x56.

Any thoughts or likes/dislikes about Nightforce or USO? I am especially interested in parallax adjustments. I have read mixed things about Leupold's Mk 4 side parallax.

Scott

Scott,
Would suggest you look for an opportunity to try MK4, NXS, S&B and USO. I am shooting a USO that has incredible optics. Only thing that I have an issue with is reaching waaaay up front to adjust the parallax ring. Maybe my arms are short, it is a reach.
Another thing, if you ever had to use your rifle scope for a baseball bat I would bet the USO would provide the longest hits. It is BIG, bulky and tough as nails /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Only thing that I have an issue with is reaching waaaay up front to adjust the parallax ring. Maybe my arms are short, it is a reach. . . .

[/ QUOTE ]

That's kind of what I am concerned about. That and rotating the scope cover hinge to touch the barrel. I don't quite get the T-pal arrangement. I assume it is the same operation as Leupold and others with a 3rd side knob.

I read somewhere (6mmbr.com maybe) that the side turret-mounted parallax adjustments can have problems with backlash. Not sure if that is an issue with all side-mount parallax adjustments, or just some brands.

Scott

Are all these scopes that much better than the Nikon Tactical's? I don't see people mention these very often. I'm very happy with mine, but then again, I haven't owned any of the others listed. I'm curious on opinions.

I own several and love them!!!!! I also have several S&B PMII's and it is a tough choice but depending on the gun I will use one or the other!

I got a chance to look through one of the USO t-pals the other day and they are very impressive. I called them so I could ask a few questions and was a bit set back on the customer service……it was better than any company I have ever dealt with. And to top it off they are good ol USA company I was so impressed with them I decided to become a USO dealer.
Check out snipers hide optics for all the information you could hope for

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.