US Optics

nochmehr

Hi everybody,

I was searching the internet for US Optics, wanted to read about it to see how people compare it to "The Three Europeans"; Schmidt und Bender, Zeiss and Swarovski. I have never tried a USO-scope, but I've heard a lot about it. How is the optical quality of the top USO models compared to the best models of S&B, Zeiss and Swarovski? I have a S&B scope myself, and I doubt that anything can be better. But again, I haven't tried any USO models yet, so I can't really say that S&B are the best.

One more question about US Optics, I have read that they are selling scopes with 300 MOA elevation adjustment. To be honest, it sounds just too much. But is this true? One thing that sounds more realistic is that you can order scopes with up to 200 MOA elevation adjustment. Again I have to verify with you. I'm hoping someone will answer my questions /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

As I recall I think USO is using Zeiss Glass. I might be mistake on that but that is what I recall when buying my USO Scope.

From the experience I had they have a couple of scopes that are thier run of the mill that have what most people want. But the nice thing about the USO is you can customize it. If you want a 40mm tube you just order your scope with that tube diameter. It was about an hour long conversation to order the scope and asking question and desiding what I wanted to do. Then a couple weeks later the scope showed up.

The difference I see between USO and the other guys is the USO scopes are build like Brick Out Houses and you can have a custom build scope that fits your use.

I think the scopes with all that adjustment are the ones with the external adjustments. I don't see how you could get that much out of a scope unless it had a 50mm tube.

I have a S&B 4-16x50 PM II LP with the Fine P4 lit reticle on a custom 308 thats used as a police SWAT sniper rifle. i chose the S&B because at the time it was the best out their and when lives are at stake I feel thats the only thing thats worthy.

I have never put a USO heads up against my S&B but I'd say that they are **** close , the clairity and brightness were fantastic.
And yes they are built tough !! if I were going to build another gun to take the place of the one I have that wears the S&B I would likely get a USO.

James I believe you are correct,Nightforce scope I believe have more internal adjustments than the US Optics with internal adjustments..........

Allright, so the scopes with 200 MOA elevation have external adjustments, like Unertl? I have never tried a scope with external adjustment, how does it actually work? Such scopes aint actually tactical scopes for rough use in the field are they?

I have noticed that the SN-3 variable power models (and some of the fixed power models) can be ordered with a 40mm tube, how many MOA elevation can you expect at maximum when you buy this model?

I use a S&B 4-16x50 scope with a P4 Fine reticle, just like you, on my 338 Lapua. I just love S&B scopes! S&B + An accurate rifle = A deadly combination

[ QUOTE ]
Allright, so the scopes with 200 MOA elevation have external adjustments, like Unertl? I have never tried a scope with external adjustment, how does it actually work? Such scopes aint actually tactical scopes for rough use in the field are they?

I have noticed that the SN-3 variable power models (and some of the fixed power models) can be ordered with a 40mm tube, how many MOA elevation can you expect at maximum when you buy this model?

I use a S&B 4-16x50 scope with a P4 Fine reticle, just like you, on my 338 Lapua. I just love S&B scopes! S&B + An accurate rifle = A deadly combination

[/ QUOTE ]

You do realize that the Unertl Scope with the external mounts,was the Marine Corps. main Sniper scope for decades.That's about as rough and tough of field use and tactical as it gets IMHO..

Go to US Optics web page get the phone number and call them USO will answer your questions.........

[ QUOTE ]
James I believe you are correct,Nightforce scope I believe have more internal adjustments than the US Optics with internal adjustments..........

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure I would put Nightforce scopes in the same class as US Optics. I think that's a stretch.

I own and love my 3.5-17 X 44mm US Optic's SSDS scope with the EREK elevation knob. The EREK elevation knob comes with a built in BDC engineered for the .308 175 gn match ammo with hard indents at each 100 yard interval. In less than one turn the EREK knob takes me from 100 yards to 1100 yards. The glass on the US Optics is really only comparable with the top of the line S&B scopes. Low light transmission is phenomenal with the US Optics scopes.

When it comes to tank like toughness, the US Optics scopes are second to none. I'd like to see you drive a nail into a 2X4 with a Nightforce, re-mount the scope and shoot for any kind of group. This is a test US Optics loves to perform.

Last but not least US Optic's has the best customer service in the business, PERIOD! They are also the only US scope manufacture where you can customize your scope with the features and finishes you want. US Optic's scopes come with a price, but if you can afford one, they are well worth it.

My SSDS is the finest best built scope I've ever owned. I've owned most of the other top of the line scopes brands. They have been some fine scopes, but no where near being in US Optics class. I only wish I could afford one for every one of my rifles. Since I can't I'm growing to love my Burris scopes.

I have one USO scope on my 6.5X284 SN3 T-Pal in 5X25 and would not trade it for the world. I liked it so much I ordered another one through the Snipers Hide group buy only with a 35mm tube. Now I just have to have Allen build me a rifle to mount it on.

Owned all three. S&B, Nightforce, US optics. US optics by far the most rugged. It is very heavy for tactical it has no competition. For hunting weight becomes an issue. Optics are schott glass. Like most high end scopes.

[ QUOTE ]
You do realize that the Unertl Scope with the external mounts,was the Marine Corps. main Sniper scope for decades.That's about as rough and tough of field use and tactical as it gets IMHO..

Go to US Optics web page get the phone number and call them USO will answer your questions.........

[/ QUOTE ]

The scope that you are referring to, has INTERNAL adjustments, and less than 40 moa.

There were some 8x external adjustment Unertl (and 10x Lyman targetspots) issued during WW-II, but that was very limited.

These were extremely fragil and had to be carried in separate cases, and fitted to the rifles just prior to the shot.

Some of these were used in the beginning of VN, because of a lack of sniper rifles, but they were quickly replaced by Redfield 3x9.

The Unertl 10x internal adjustment scope that went only to the Marines, came after VN started.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.