US optics ST-10 vs Vortex viper PST

Jcarst

What are your opinions on the USO ST-10 fixed scope in terms of optical clarity and ruggedness compared to a Viper PST 4-16. The scope would go on a medium caliber hunting rifle. I have used the PST and like it very much but am curious if USO has better glass for a similar price on their fixed 10 power. With good glass the 10 power should be enough for hunting medium to large game out to 800 yards.

I own both the 4-16 PST & a USO 3.2-17. While I don't have the ST10, I think my experience allows me to offer you advice. If you can get the ST10 at the same price you can buy a PST I advise you buy at least two ST10s.

MSRP of the ST10 is over $1200, I paid FAR less than that for my PST. Comparing my PST side by side with my USO, there is no comparison. US Optics all day, every day.

With that being said; Is the PST a bad scope? No. Is it anywhere near the league of the USO? Not even close.

t

Another thing to consider,

When comparing a fixed magnification scope to a variable magnification scope, its not unusual for the fixed power optic to seem brighter, clearer, and typically less expensive than its variable powered conterpart.

This is because the fixed power has fewer lenses, and less moving parts.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.