US Optics ST 10x37

xFREDRICKx

Hi,

I am curious to know about how clear the targets are under 100 meters? How well does the parallax work under the 100 meters? majority of my shooting will be beyond 100 meters for target shooting but I would like to hunt with this rifle too. If an animal is within 50 meters how well would this scope do? I am optioning for a fixed power because of the overall ruggedness of them.

I own one. Absolutely brilliant scope. Heavy but clear and tough as nuts. At 35m things are pretty fuzzy, I don't even bother pointing it at anything inside 50yrds and anyway the image is 10x which is huge for that sort of distance. From 100-1200m I use the hell out of it. At 50m if you point it at a deer you're going to see a lot of brown and that's about it but you'll be able to make the shot if you keep both eyes open. I did. I won't say it's ideal for hunting just because fixed 10x is in fact not very nice in any sort of dense woods. It's a more open country scope.

If you're in northern california send me a PM and you can come look through it. Try before you buy.

Here's a vid of mine getting a long range workout. They're bigger than you'd think.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XOMls_ZmPU

Here's a pic of the reticle pointing at a turkey silhouette at 385m taken with an iPhone at dusk.

The pic is huge so I only linked it.

https://ballisticxlr.files.wordpres...c-2c50-460d-875e-3e7797a45317_zpsyanedxss.jpg

Thanks for the info. I am not in the woods unless bowhunting. I have open field for rifle and then head out west for mulies and elk. So i think the 10x will be fine. If for some instance a deer/elk walks within 50m i would either have to get a clear shot before they get there or after walking away. Nope I am in Missouri. I plan on getting one with the ERIK elivation turret.

it's a hell of a scope for those sorts of environments. you can occasionally pick up one from snipers hide for quite a bit under MSRP. If you're a vet just call up USO directly and let em' know you're a vet and they'll take care of you. The scope is made with the assumption that it'll be set on 20MOA base.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts