Vortex Viper PST vs Weaver Tactical

I have to disagree with part of this.

The Razor and all of the Viper line( HS, PST, and Viper are all made in Japan.
The Diamondback in made in the Philipines.
The Crossfire is made in China, but the new 2012 Crossfire has been completely redsigned and is now made in a new plant.

I called Vortex and talked with Sam about this for about an hour yesterday.

If this is correct that they are made where you say. Where are they assembled?

I believe my 6-24 FFP MOA PST has Assembled in the Philippines on it.

joseph

I believe my 6-24 FFP MOA PST has Assembled in the Philippines on it.
I've had two 4-16x50 PST's and both said Made in Philippines. I really wanted to like them as the features were awesome but you get what you pay and the glass is the weak link. Awesome scope for the money for those who don't plan to do much low light hunting.

I've had two 4-16x50 PST's and both said Made in Philippines. I really wanted to like them as the features were awesome but you get what you pay and the glass is the weak link. Awesome scope for the money for those who don't plan to do much low light hunting.

The 6-24 power PST FFP scopes have much better glass then the 4-16 power scopes.

joseph

I hate options. I wish there were a store i could go to and handle all the ones i want. Cabelas is the only store close and they don't carry anything other than the standards. no vortex, hawke, weaver tactical, falcon.....just the normal leupy, nikon, and inhouse stuff. They do have nightforce....but can't afford 1750 for just glass.
Nimrod

You have to remember that a scope can look great in store lighting but once you get it on the field and it gets dark it doesn't look so great anymore. Any glass will look decent in daylight, even a cheap Tasco, so ideally you should compare them in demanding conditions.

Nimrod not sure where u are in nebraska, but cabelas does carry vortex and i know as of Friday the Kearney store had a 4-16 pst with the mil/mil because i looked at it. Think they had some more pst's but not sure of what. No 6-24's though which i was looking for. They dont have any clue about most their stuff but you could at least check one out there. Hope this helps.
btw If you do go look at it tell them tell them you wanna take it outside. At first they only wanted to let me look at it at the wall 30 feet away.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.