MOA vs MRAD Vortex Viper PST

Pick one and then read up and practice using it. I dont think it matters just as long as your comfortable with what you are looking at. Also, get one of the apps out their for apple or android and play with the process of getting the program set up to match your rifle will force you to learn it and the charts help with the mental image of the bullet flight.

I got the mil in my PST and the NXS I got from CS. I went with mils since i had a mil-dot scope I had used in the past and was comfortable with it.

The MOA proponents say it's more accurate using 1/4 MOA than .1 MRAD as its a smaller increment.

The MRAD proponents say it's quicker to calculate in MILS compared to MOA or Shooter MOA.

IMO it does not matter. Both are proven and dependable. Pick a system and stick with it. Ranging with a scope is rather difficult. Unless you know the size of the object, it's really a crap shoot on how accurate the measurement is. Even knowing the size is not easy. I use the training tool called the Shooter Ready simulator computer game that gives many different scenarios with different sized targets and you range them with the reticle. It takes practice as well as regular practice to get accurate.

I went with MOA. I think MOA and while hunting I use a laser range finder.
I use shooter ready all the time, but nothing beat getting out in the field and practicing.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.