Typical Day Shooting for Oliveralan and Trebark - w/pics!

I live upstate NY 30 min south of Rochester I would like to come down.

That might be a bit more than a five hour drive. but hey, if/when there's an f-class match at Quantico I'll drop you a PM. Maybe you could come down and stay close to the base and we could meet up at the match.

You guys kill me :D:D:D Me and my friend rolled like that years ago and now, we roll with more stuff than ever, except we're adding more things like antacids and pain meds:D Enjoy it guys!!!!

Last edited:
You guys kill me :D:D:D Me and my friend rolled like that years ago and now, we roll with more stuff than ever, except we're adding more things like antacids and main meds:D Enjoy it guys!!!!

Oh yeah we're having a good time alright. We're also adding more stuff all the time. Just getting set up with a portable reloading set up. And we didn't even bring Trebark's tripod table this time!! That thing weighs well over 30pounds, and the big ar500 plate didn't come along either! That thing is 50lb at least, plus the stand! What you see is our medium weight set up at the most :D :D

Oh yeah we're having a good time alright. We're also adding more stuff all the time. Just getting set up with a portable reloading set up. And we didn't even bring Trebark's tripod table this time!! That thing weighs well over 30pounds, and the big ar500 plate didn't come along either! That thing is 50lb at least, plus the stand! What you see is our medium weight set up at the most :D :D

"You're gonna need a bigger boat."

Chief Brody...Jaws

I live upstate NY 30 min south of Rochester I would like to come down.

Keep in touch and next spring we'll have you down my way. It won't be as bad of a drive for you. I'm pretty much out for the rest of this year. At least until deer season opens.

Haymarket, according to my map application that's a 13minute drive from my family's farm, where trebark and I usually shoot.

The land I hunt is located in Southern Faquier county...it takes almost an hour to get there from my house...your parents farm is a lot closer if you want to shoot after work one day...

I won't be able to get pack to my lot and scout a longer shot for a week or so, but I'll let you know what I find--I'll see if I can get us 600+ with a good backstop. The woods are mostly loblolly pines and very thick...that's the worst backstop. I'll try to see what I can find where we're shooting from the top of one of the little hills into a little valley. As long as it's not muddy I can drive pretty far back on the property--otherwise we're limited to quads (and I don't have one) or walking.

I live on Bull Run Mountain...I'd love to find someone on the back side who needs someone to get rid of their groundhogs and pesky deer...driving an hour isn't convenient for the amount of shooting I like to do...

Matt

My parents place is right on the prince William fauquier county border, actually on both sides of it. So very northern fauquier. We have shots to just over 400 right now.

We have 4 quads, cannot take them all, or transport them all, but we could borrow 1-3 if needed. There is also a pickup on the farm we can take.

Unfortinualy I don't live out there, I live in McLean. I'm only out there on weekends.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.