2014 LRH Shooting Class with Non-Typical Outfitters-Review

ADMIN

Administrator
This past August, my dad Len Backus and I, along with Robb Wiley of Non-Typical Outfitters, offered our first long range hunting and shooting class in the mountains of Western Wyoming. The idea for the class was hatched during the many hours Len and Robb spent together hunting mule deer, elk and bear in Robb's outfitting area, which is one of the very best in the entire state of Wyoming. Before each hunt Robb was in the habit of spending an hour or two giving some instruction to all the hunters in camp on shooting in the uneven terrain of the mountains. Over the years Robb has seen countless situations where very experienced hunters and shooters came out to the mountains on a hunt of a lifetime only to crumble under pressure when a trophy animal presented itself and a quick setup and shot was needed on uneven terrain. The hunters did not have the skills and practice necessary to set up comfortably and confidently and make the shot. Since Robb began giving the limited training before each hunt he has seen his hunters' success rates increase dramatically. Read More...
This is a thread for discussion of the article, 2014 LRH Shooting Class with Non-Typical Outfitters-Review, By Andy Backus. Here you can ask questions or make comments about the article.

Great article. Any chance we could get a equipment list of what the shooters were using? Rifle model, caliber, scope, etc?

Andy I loved reading your article! Nice things you have done over there. We definitely don't train enough shooting from difficult positions.

Thomas

What is included ? What is required ? How many rounds are required ? What does the course cost ? What are probable additional costs ?

Is there a website with this info ?

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.