Pics and Results of Shoot @ Alex, OK

bailey1474

<strong>SPONSOR</strong>
Here are some pics of the shoot that was held in Alex, OK on May, 22. Most of these were taken by GATOR with a few being taken by me. I think everyone had a great time. There were about 10 shooters in both factory and open classes They will be hosting another shoot sometime in early October. Hopefully there will have a little better turnout this fall. There were only about 10 shooters per day. Enough rambling here's the pics.

Here is a pick of the bench setup. Very nice. Solid concrete.
alexrifleshot003.jpg

A picture of GATOR's monstor binocs and me with a stupid look on my face. You could see the pressure waves extremely well with these things.
ShootingCompetitionatRickReevesMay22200511.jpg

A couple of random pics of the nice folks.
ShootingCompetitionatRickReevesMay22200513.jpg

ShootingCompetitionatRickReevesMay2220056.jpg

alexrifleshot005.jpg

alexrifleshot002.jpg

Here are a few down range pics.
alexrifleshot004.jpg

ShootingCompetitionatRickReevesMay22200515.jpg

ShootingCompetitionatRickReevesMay22200510.jpg

A picture of lerch bragging to me after he had just shot the egg @ 500 yds to win the egg shoot.
ShootingCompetitionatRickReevesMay22200517.jpg

Here is a pic of the overall winners. That's me on the right and Don Johnson (not of Miami Vice) on the left. After two days of shooting, 56 rounds and 48 targets we were tied. We had to go to a shoot off. Don was about 1/2" below the 2" bullseye @ 400 yds and I was about 3" right of it. I nailed the elevation but the **** wind got me.
ShootingCompetitionatRickReevesMay222005Winners-Resized.jpg

Lerch and I both came away feeling pretty good as this was our first venture into competitive shooting. I managed to win the factory class and come in third in the open with my bone stock Savage and Lerch managed to walk a winner on the egg shoot with a stock Savage as well. Can't wait to try it again this fall. I think I could get addicted to this. If any of you guys are close you ought to come out this fall.
Have a good day,
B.J.

Bill Bailey:

Great pictures. Looks like everybody had a good time.

That looks like pretty nice shooting facilities and the downrange and background shots show some great looking country.

Congrats to you and Lerch, and it's too bad the wind got you on the tie breaker. That just gives you a good reason to go back next year.

Those Savages sure do shoot right out of the box don't they? You'll probably get hooked and be ordering a new custom rig pretty soon now.

They shoot really well!!!

I've already got a .270 Allen Mag on order with Mr. Allen. Don't think I want shoot 14 rds through it in 10 minutes though!!! Would probably be able to fry bacon on the BBL!!

[ QUOTE ]
I have nearly 25 years with them! I drive the same.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sorry!!! I thought you said "What is an ONG truck"!!!

Okiehunter,
Rick Reeves has worked for ONG for approx. 15 years out of the Lindsay, Okla. office.
Rick is a good person and doesn't mind spending time with someone that is interested in the shooting sports.
I worked for the ONEOK organization 18 years when they had the drilling department.
Where in Oklahoma are you located - Rick doesn't have access to the Internet but I will let him know about a fellow employee that has the same things in common.

Larry

I'm glad to hear of some long range matches in Oklahoma. I wouldn't mind attending the match scheduled for October, if someone would direct me where to sign up.

Oh yeah, what kind of ranges are we talkin'?

100-250-400-500. Not extreme long range but far enough to make hitting a 4" balloon a little challenging. I'll post something later in the summer when Rick gets the date and details for the next competition figured out.

I see your in El Reno. We could probably ride together seeing as how Lerch lives in El Reno and I live in Yukon!!

Okiehunter,
Rick doesn't have internet yet - still trying to talk him into a computer.
I am on a drilling operation here in the South part of Okla. City and have several drilling employees driving out of Holdenville.
I will be talking to Rick and tell him that you're interested in the next shoot.
I don't know when I will be relieved to go home but when I do I will invite Rick over to see this thread.
Here's the link to the original thread about the shoot. Hope it will give you some answers.
http://longrangehunting.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=0&amp;Number=71406&amp;an=0&amp;page=3#71406

Thanks.
Larry

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.