Trying to get my own custom load here hel

Maina

I got 3 boxes of custom nosler partition 200 grain . From nosler . I have a 300 rum rem . LR . Those nosler shot like a lazer ! Now I just loaded some 230 grain berger tactical .15 thousands of the lands 3 different loads groups sucked . I put the costum rounds in. Hit the center out of a dime ! I can pull the lead and way out the powder of the custom load but how do I know powder brand. ? I have not gave up on the berger

I got 3 boxes of custom nosler partition 200 grain . From nosler . I have a 300 rum rem . LR . Those nosler shot like a lazer ! Now I just loaded some 230 grain berger tactical .15 thousands of the lands 3 different loads groups sucked . I put the costum rounds in. Hit the center out of a dime ! I can pull the lead and way out the powder of the custom load but how do I know powder brand. ? I have not gave up on the berger

Call Nosler and ask them.

:D

Keep in mind, Nosler's powder may not be available to you. And their 200gr powder isn't likely right for your 230gr bullet anyway.

If you can purchase more of Nosler's ammo(matching in lot#), it would probably be a good move to buy up some as go-to ammo. Different loads will have to be locally developed. There is just no getting around it.

Keep in mind, Nosler's powder may not be available to you. And their 200gr powder isn't likely right for your 230gr bullet anyway.

If you can purchase more of Nosler's ammo(matching in lot#), it would probably be a good move to buy up some as go-to ammo. Different loads will have to be locally developed. There is just no getting around it.
I have 2 boxes of it now and they are out now. The jump on the nosler amo is big . I'm going to try a different powder more jump before I give up on these burgers. 4 inch group is bad lol I had to shot 1 nosler and drill a dime just so I knew it wasn't me lol

I'd just buy some 200gr Noslers and start working up loads using data from the various reloading manuals. It's unlikely that you will ever determine the specific powder, or exactly duplicate, the factory ammo.

I'm going to try a few things with the burgers befor I give up on them . I will be loading the same jump as the nosler see what that does .

I would say your powder choice is not right for the 230's. What powder are you using? I just read where you was using Retumbo. I would try Reloader 25 or 26.

your answer Is right here

http://www.longrangehunting.com/for...accuracy-berger-vld-bullets-your-rifle-40204/

I will spend some time on this . just Pick these up I'm going to set them all to mag length mess with the powders and see who wins. I'm also going to break open the Nosler custom loads and see how many grains of powder the running already know what they are set at

my partner :) ! This is in me and him thing he wanted to get into reloading and long-range shooting and I said let's do it! $6500.00 later we're ready lol well Kinda

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.