trouble with Magneto speed

Tnwhip

Well my Magneto speed just took a crap. It keeps coming up on the screen BAYO not connected. Looks like it will have to go in for repair. Any one else had any problems?

I know about that. It is in as far as it will go. If I hold it in with my finger it seems to work ?. I didn't try and tape the plug in but something ain't right with the plug.

I've got version 1 of the Magnetospeed. It has had the issue from day one. The only cable that works from the sensor to the display unit is the thick one. And then, it will only work one way. I had to put a piece of tape on the the end that has to attach to the sensor or nothing works. Should have tried to get them to fix it long long ago...

The connection issue is at the sensor for me. If that connection has not got a good contact, the display won't see it when the cable is connected to the sensor.

I think it is a quality issue with the female plugs on the sensors myself.

Had this happen on my v2. It was not the he unit but the he cord. Call them up and they will send a new one. I think they also told me radio shack carries a cord that will work too.

Ours just started not staying connected to the display unit. The receptacle seems to have a loose connection. The slightest wiggle and it looses connection. Concussion from the muzzle blast is enough to keep it from reading. Very frustrating. We will need to send it in I am sure. We do not have time for it to be down.

Steve

Last spring I posted about the customer service I got from Vortex. I E mailed them and to my surprise they replied the same day. I E mailed Magnetospeed a week ago and have heard nothing from them. I guess I will have to call them next week. I don't think much of there customer service so far.

I have never tried to email them, however I did call them when I had a problem getting readings and it was a couple minutes before the end of their day and my call was promptly answered and my problem was solved. Recently I have been having some problems with my Sporter getting readings saying the bayonet is unplugged. I may have to call them again if it keeps acting up but its not very often.

Good luck

The only issues I've had with the one I use a lot has been self inflicted.

Same here.

I tried to use it on a 500 S&W. Not a good idea.

The service department was really great. I purchased a V2 bayo for my original display. Fantastic.

I just did a real bonehead and my sensing surface is disbursed over the range. Cute little wires being displayed on what is left of the bayo.

A slightly slow response from MagnetoSpeed. The V3 bayo will work with the Original model display so I ordered one. I also took advantage of the Midway sale to order a full V3.

Nothing is made "perfect", so far MS has stood behind their product. They are slow sometimes, victims of their own success?

Call and talk to Ivan. He will jump through hoops to get you fixed up. Yes they are busy, but they have awesome CS in my experience.

Jeff

Call and talk to Ivan. He will jump through hoops to get you fixed up. Yes they are busy, but they have awesome CS in my experience.

Jeff
Ivan is the man. Over the years he gets it done.

We got a same day reply to email from MS. They are sending a new display unit and we are sending our back. Passing in the mail. Can't ask for better.

Steve

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.