Trigger recommendations

A LRH member just sold (3) JEWEL triggers here. I would have liked to purchase them but someone already got them and the cost was $$$ HVRTS. BUT GREAT Triggers and you can't get them. I heard that the SON of the owner is supposed to take over the company and start manufacturing again. Heck they should have all the machinery and stock parts, but if they closed down probably lost all employees. Also I "Heard" that some parts were outsourced outside of the US and they could not receive these critical parts anymore. Why didn't they get s US based CO to manufacture the parts??? Answer - probably due to the insurance and liberal laws it is not worth the problems to manufacture firearm parts in the US. I know about Insurance Coverage and worked for several top National companies and one Internation (#6 in the World). Anything to do with firearms or parts the insurance goes to a Specialty Dept. and they charge $$$$$$$ or reject the coverage.
If you can get a Jewel HVRBR with a safety or not and it has A/B/C springs -BUY IT!!!!
I was going to buy all three from him but they were snatched up by the time I seen the post. I don't wish a bad sale to anyone but was hoping something would fall through and I could get them.

I was going to buy all three from him but they were snatched up by the time I seen the post. I don't wish a bad sale to anyone but was hoping something would fall through and I could get them.
I think Jill and I can fix you up with some very good TT. Trust us. Lets PM Tomorrow.
Len & Jill

A LRH member just sold (3) JEWEL triggers here. I would have liked to purchase them but someone already got them and the cost was $$$ HVRTS. BUT GREAT Triggers and you can't get them. I heard that the SON of the owner is supposed to take over the company and start manufacturing again. Heck they should have all the machinery and stock parts, but if they closed down probably lost all employees. Also I "Heard" that some parts were outsourced outside of the US and they could not receive these critical parts anymore. Why didn't they get s US based CO to manufacture the parts??? Answer - probably due to the insurance and liberal laws it is not worth the problems to manufacture firearm parts in the US. I know about Insurance Coverage and worked for several top National companies and one Internation (#6 in the World). Anything to do with firearms or parts the insurance goes to a Specialty Dept. and they charge $$$$$$$ or reject the coverage.
If you can get a Jewel HVRBR with a safety or not and it has A/B/C springs -BUY IT!!!!
I heard similar things about Jewel starting to produce again, but not to the same detail as you. This week I was in San Marcos, TX where they were based and drove by to see if there was any activity. Sadly, I didn't see any… I took this photo to send to a friend.

Attachments

• IMG_2911.jpeg
    IMG_2911.jpeg
    313.8 KB · Views: 57
I'm in the market for a trigger for a 700. I've been looking at the 200 dollar range. The three I'm most interested in are the timney hit, bix n Andy Dakota, and triggertech special. Looking for opinions on these are any other triggers in the price range. Does need safety and bolt release.
TT for sure, I've swapped out all my 700's and clones with them, and in my opinion they just can't be beat. I like the Diamond personally, it is the cleanest breaking trigger I've ever sat behind, all my groups shrunk when these went in my rifles.

I don't have a lot of experience on this. All I had ever shot were factory Rem 700 triggers(old style in the 80s) that guys had adjusted and polished. I thought they shot great UNTIL I bought a TT to replace a newer Rem 700 trigger on my daughters 25-06. Unbelievable is all I can say. You can't feel any movement and it breaks like glass. My nieces husband has about 9 of them now. The click adjust is great, and it is super repeatable. We used a scale and counted clicks back and forth a bunch. Same pull every time even when going stuff to light.

I have a bunch of Jewell triggers that were my first choice on my Remingtons. I didn't know they went out of business. When did this occur? Never had any issues with them as long as they were kept clean.

Recent Posts