Tonight was pink crickett time....

crowsnest2002

Took the kids out with their new cricket when I got home from work. Didn't get to snap any pictures, but the oldest (6yr old) was hitting the target at 50 yards. The only help I aided was giving the firearm some hold support on the forearm from underneath. The youngest (3yr old) was just getting the concepts down. :) Proud day indeed.... By the way sighting in a pink cricket rifle is kind of hard with my stature lol. I also wanted to say I can see these little rifles being tack drivers if you can get a good sight picture.

Yep, I've got a TC hotshot for my boys. Makes a carbine look big but oh, does it shoot. It will walk my 10-22 accuracy wise. It's mainly my older kid's gun at present, and he likes reactive targets so he can see and hear when he hits. For a 6 year old to be doing well is splendid.

Good times for sure. Hope you have plenty of ammo to keep those kids plinking. Love taking my son and daughter out to kill a few cans. Need to find the girl a link CZ Scout.

Good times for sure. Hope you have plenty of ammo to keep those kids plinking. Love taking my son and daughter out to kill a few cans. Need to find the girl a link CZ Scout.
I've got a few thousand 22's here and I've been able to replace what we are using, but it's a pain in the butt. Had my oldest out today in a drizzle while we were working with a couple of rifles and he did well.

How are you sitting on 22's??

I didn't know cz made colored stocks for their rifles.... I might have to torture my boys with a pink one...:D:D:D My 12 year old already hates it when I tease him and look at the pink stocked rifles in the store. My 6 year old is only getting into the ballgame but wants a savage over/under with the 22 barrel and the 410 gauge bbl..

Have a good one!!!
lefty

Yeah the old 452 Scout came in pink models. I'm really hoping they release a 455 Scout soon. I would love to be able to get them each a little gun and then upgrade it to a longer barrel and full size stock as they grow. Easy to do with a 455, near impossible with a 452.

I managed to aquire a couple thousand rounds of .22 when the madness all started. I went years if not decades without really shooting any .22. I came across this cool new Ruger SR-22 pistol and decided to buy one. That idiotic monster went in to Sandy Hook halfway through my 10 day wait for my new gun. A few months later I got the 455 and have been dealing with the .22 madness ever since.

Never in a million years did I ever think I would see a time when I could not just walk in to a Walmart and pick up a $20 or so dollar brick of .22 and go plinking like my dad did with me and my brother. Seems to be more available online these days but I still have not seen any on a shelf in over a year. What people are paying for bulk bricks online is just stupid. MiniMags go for near what .357 self defense ammo does.

Never in a million years did I ever think I would see a time when I could not just walk in to a Walmart and pick up a $20 or so dollar brick of .22 and go plinking like my dad did with me and my brother. Seems to be more available online these days but I still have not seen any on a shelf in over a year. What people are paying for bulk bricks online is just stupid. MiniMags go for near what .357 self defense ammo does.

I know what you mean, it's been a butt trying to find 22wmr ammo :( . Anyway I have a few more boxes of 22lr on hand that I had stashed. The girls definitely went through one box very quickly. I just need to keep working on feeding that desire to shoot lol..

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.