Titanium muzzle brakes sneak peek

I got my 4 port sporter version finished up. They are .73" OD 1.725" OAL and weighs under 1 oz. this design only accommodates 1/2-28 thread.

They are designed to be able to be turned down to .625", and can be bored up to clearance for a .308.

I also just did a run of the 5/8-24 3 port slab brakes this week.

Right now I have the 3 port 5/8-24 slab brakes available for $150 each.

The 5 port self timers in 5/8-24 for $180 each.

And these sporter 4 ports in 1/2-28 for $100 each.
34A05CA2-472E-4115-8660-BC4B20572BC4.jpeg

I got Marcs, (@Bravo 4) review on the self timer. He posted it here.

thanks Marc!

Looks good, one thing you may want to look at is making the first port closest to the muzzle a 90* port to the muzzle, this helps divert the blast from the angled ports away from the shooter but still be a very affective brake. Also are you going to make any that will fit the Proof sendero contour, in the .900" range ?
The closest port @ 90 works well. I had one of the Muscle Brakes with that design. Even a couple more degrees forward from 90 & or
Slightly larger port than the rest.
Doing so will likely lessen the recoil reduction efficiency but increase the shooter enjoyment
Level slightly.

Got out and shot it a few times this morning. Very pleased. The brake I had on the rifle before was one that the smith who built it talked me into. One of his own creations. Just a barrel diameter two port with no angle to the ports. Not very efficient for a 300 rum shooting 230 bergers. Muzzle rise and recoil are noticeably less with the salmon river brake.
250FF641-E24C-4B28-ACA3-F1D787D98E93.jpeg

One other thing I'd like to note is I wasn't shooting off of that bench. It's not very stable and I always have better luck prone. There's a considerable amount of powdery dust on the ground there and I could see the target immediately after the shot. It wasn't really kicking much, If any dust up. I also shot some fireforming loads through my 223ai that doesn't have a brake or any muzzle device and it was several seconds before I could see the target through the scope after the shot with it. It was kicking up considerable amounts of dust. Went back to the bench with it.

Got out and shot it a few times this morning. Very pleased. The brake I had on the rifle before was one that the smith who built it talked me into. One of his own creations. Just a barrel diameter two port with no angle to the ports. Not very efficient for a 300 rum shooting 230 bergers. Muzzle rise and recoil are noticeably less with the salmon river brake.

what distances were you shooting at and could you see your bullet impacts?

I just re-zero'd at 100 yards. Only shot 4 rounds. Rifle still jumped a little bit but much less. It weighs under 9 pounds and I'm shooting 230 bergers at 3000fps. I could keep the target in the field of view though. I'd say 2-300 yards would be easy to spot impacts. Had to dial down 1.5 moa to re-zero for my normal 1" high at 100 that I sight all my stuff in to.

I shot the 5 port self timer and the 3 port slab brake back to back on a .300 win mag today. They were very close in performance with the 3 port slab brake outperforming the 5 port by just a little.

Got some more feedback from a customer on the 5 port self timer.

"I just tested out the 5 port self timing brake this morning on a Seekins 28 nos. I bought the brake bored out to .308 so I could use it on multiple guns. Even being over bored it is one of, if not, the softest recoiling brakes I have shot. I have used a decent amount of the "top" brakes and this thing is right there or better. the machining is top notch and the price is super cheap for how light and effective the brake is. I will be buying 1-2 more. Buy with confidence."

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.