Thunderbeast Ultra 5..... Anyone used one?

Bucknut

I'm looking into the thunderbeast ultra line for my 6.5 SAUM..... I was wondering if anyone has tried the Ultra 5? ... My hearing is starting to go south shooting without any hearing protection (shooting coyotes almost daily without plugs.... range sessions I wear plugs)... anyways, I'm curious if anyone has any insight as to whether the Ultra 5 would be sufficient hearing protection for daily hunting use, or if I need to step up to the Ultra 7.... trying to keep it short and light as possible, while still saving my hearing. Any input would be greatly appreciated, as I haven't been able to find much info on the Ultra 5.

Thanks!

I was in your same shoes on 5 vs 7, what my dealer told me was that the 5 didn't really cut down noise levels and to get most bang for your buck (i.e. Weight vs suppressed ratio) that the 7 was the way to go. I put mine in jail last December, hoping she gets released this summer

Like was mentioned, from all the tests I've seen, the 5 isn't suppressing enough sound to waste the money and wait time for one, in my opinion. I'd opt for the 7, or the 9.

I'm looking into the thunderbeast ultra line for my 6.5 SAUM..... I was wondering if anyone has tried the Ultra 5? ... My hearing is starting to go south shooting without any hearing protection (shooting coyotes almost daily without plugs.... range sessions I wear plugs)... anyways, I'm curious if anyone has any insight as to whether the Ultra 5 would be sufficient hearing protection for daily hunting use, or if I need to step up to the Ultra 7.... trying to keep it short and light as possible, while still saving my hearing. Any input would be greatly appreciated, as I haven't been able to find much info on the Ultra 5.

Thanks!

If your only using a 6.5 SAS makes a 6.2 9ozs suppressor the Barricade. Tim built this to be the smallest, lightest suppressor on the market. Made for PRS matches, but great for hunting as well.

Here is a vid to show at the shooters ear DB levels

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eu96FqBU5Bw

Less then 127DB's.

Plus they are currently on sale.
contact me for best Pricing.

Thanks
Steve
RTLW
816-718-9489

I have shot 5" TBAC cans on 308 and they are not hearing safe.
The 7's are pretty good, and 9's are better.
But if your looking for something to take the edge off off it would be better then nothing.

I'm curious if the TBAC can changed your impact point? If so was the precision the same?

Depends on the barrel profile. a slimmer profile barrel will have more POI shift. I was testing it on a hunting gun, with a 16" barrel, not much POI shift. 1/2 moa or so.

I ran a 5" Ultra on a 18" fieldcraft in 308 this season. I have 7" and 9" as well, just wanted to run the most compact kit. I'm very happy with it's performance and if you look for youtube video's from TBAC you'll find testing Ray has done with it; actual dB numbers. shooter's ear and mil spec testing. there's always trade offs

I have an Ultra 7 on my 7mm RSAUM. I wouldn't go any shorter than the 7 for that size case and the 9 will definitely have the advantage in noise suppression. There is a very noticeable sound difference with the Ultra 7 and for a hunting rig I think its the right balance between length and noise suppression. I have a Krieger #4.5 contour barrel on my rifle and the suppressor changed the POI 2.5". Accuracy stayed the same (<3/8" MOA 5 shot groups at 100 yds).

I have an Ultra 7 on my 7mm RSAUM. I wouldn't go any shorter than the 7 for that size case and the 9 will definitely have the advantage in noise suppression. There is a very noticeable sound difference with the Ultra 7 and for a hunting rig I think its the right balance between length and noise suppression. I have a Krieger #4.5 contour barrel on my rifle and the suppressor changed the POI 2.5". Accuracy stayed the same (<3/8" MOA 5 shot groups at 100 yds).
What's your barrel length?

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.