Advantage of SilencerCo over Thunderbeast?

Ky_Windage,

I can't find a single shred of evidence supporting your claim that they were first to market with the banish 30 before the ultra 7 yeah I'd say the market is just now catching TBAC. Could be wrong on that. I'd be open to see a release date. I couldn't find one.

What I said was, my 7" Banish suppressors weigh 9 oz, which is quite a bit less than an Ultra 7. So I'd say TBAC still hasn't caught up with Banish as far as being low weight.

However, the lighter you make a suppressor the more likely you are to overheat a baffle. Most are using pretty much the same titanium alloy, so the only way to reduce weight is to make the components thinner. Banish may be willing to stretch the limits on baffle wall-thickness to cut weight because they know that if someone does toast a baffle it is cheap and easy to replace it. TBAC and other sealed-can makers are probably not going to go that thin because it is neither cheap nor easy to replace a toasted baffle in a sealed can.

I'm not going to convince you otherwise. I can see that which is fine. But i can almost assure you you're driving people away from banish not to them with that kind of rhetoric.

Well, they can always just enjoy the pictures then. :)

Here you go. Throws out the weight argument too. It's about concentricity and repeatability of lockup more than anything.

Seriously? "I had to switch rifles . . . and I thought I was shooting 155's in it before?"

So the guy compares cans shot on two different rifles to see which can groups the best? The ignorance and BS displayed is stunning.

Suppressors are made on lathes. None have "concentricity issues" unless you bend something by welding on it. Banish utilizes no welding. You are right about the lockup, but that has more to do with who threaded your barrel. It is also why I will not buy anything but direct-thread suppressors. Well, that and the added weight and cost of the connectors. I'm never in that big a hurry to remove or install a suppressor.

Last edited:
I am very opinionated about the equipment I use obviously I think it is the best because I purchased it although I do realize some more expensive equipment is better I still prefer what I bought by rabidly pushing one certain product he just reduces his credibility to others

What I said was, my 7" Banish suppressors weigh 9 oz, which is quite a bit less than an Ultra 7. So I'd say TBAC still hasn't caught up with Banish as far as being low weight.
13D85F38-CB43-4FCE-9417-F89B843CE2A6.png

The ultra 7 is 9.7oz FWIW. And from what i can tell was on the market (January 2015) three years before banish. So yeah they're catching up to TBAC. But this is rhetorical at this point. Glad you're happy with your purchase.

Last edited:
Seriously? "I had to switch rifles . . . and I thought I was shooting 155's in it before?"

So the guy compares cans shot on two different rifles to see which can groups the best? The ignorance and BS displayed is stunning.

Suppressors are made on lathes. None have "concentricity issues" unless you bend something by welding on it. Banish utilizes no welding. You are right about the lockup, but that has more to do with who threaded your barrel. It is also why I will not buy anything but direct-thread suppressors. Well, that and the added weight and cost of the connectors. I'm never in that big a hurry to remove or install a suppressor.

He switched rifles because one is QD and the mount was already on it. You said other suppressors had accuracy issues. That's obviously either just your experience or a lie. I don't care which because either way it's misinformation. As I suspected you had no comments on the TBAC video which obviously had zero issue with accuracy or repeatability.

View attachment 198067
The ultra 7 is 9.7oz FWIW. And from what i can tell was on the market (January 2015) three years before banish. So yeah they're catching up to TBAC. But this is rhetorical at this point. Glad you're happy with your purchase.

The Ultra 7 in CB mount weighs 9.7. How much does the CB attachment weigh? I suggest you compare apples to apples, which is each in direct thread, where the Ultra weighs 11.5 oz.

You looked at only the history of the Varminter 4.0. They also made the 3.0 beginning in 2015, which in .223 weighed 9.0. The 3.0 in 30-cal did weigh 13 oz., but that was made only in 9".

He switched rifles because one is QD and the mount was already on it. You said other suppressors had accuracy issues. That's obviously either just your experience or a lie. I don't care which because either way it's misinformation. As I suspected you had no comments on the TBAC video which obviously had zero issue with accuracy or repeatability.

I don't care why he switched rifles, I just think it was silly to then compare the suppressors' group sizes, as one rifle/load may have simply been more accurate unsuppressed than the other. And for that matter, what were they? 1 moa? Did he even say what the distance was? If it was 100 yards I would not call that much of testimonial for either suppressor.

He switched rifles because one is QD and the mount was already on it. You said other suppressors had accuracy issues. That's obviously either just your experience or a lie. I don't care which because either way it's misinformation.

I did not say that. I don't know whether they do or not. I'd just like to see some proof (as in, targets) by someone who isn't being paid by TBAC before I will believe they have "unsurpassed accuracy," cuz I ain't seeing it.

As I suspected you had no comments on the TBAC video which obviously had zero issue with accuracy or repeatability.

I would not call that "accuracy." As for repeatability, most Ultra 7 owners I have seen express an opinion on the matter say adding the weight of the suppressor lowers the POI. I don't care if the weight of the suppressor changes the POI, the important thing is, does it shoot to the same POI every time you put it on?

I did not say that. I don't know whether they do or not. I'd just like to see some proof (as in, targets) by someone who isn't being paid by TBAC before I will believe they have "unsurpassed accuracy," cuz I ain't seeing it.

I would not call that "accuracy." As for repeatability, most Ultra 7 owners I have seen express an opinion on the matter say adding the weight of the suppressor lowers the POI. I don't care if the weight of the suppressor changes the POI, the important thing is, does it shoot to the same POI every time you put it on?

Where's your video in real time?

We don't appreciate you trying to shove a Banish suppressor down our throat. Enjoy your fine shooting rifle, enjoy your suppressor, but stop acting like it's the second coming of Christ.

This is what I meant earlier about employees and sycophants trying to shout down anyone who dares to question the so-called "industry gold standard."

Discussing the pros and cons of different suppressors is not "trying to shove one down your throat." You are perfectly free to skip my posts if you don't enjoy reading them. Some people enjoy the information and, indeed, the debate.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.