Dead Air Nomad TI or Thunderbeast ultra 7

I have, and use both. My advice would be to get one of each. And a rimfire can (or two). But if you are forced by LANGUAGE to only buy one, get the TB.....

Last edited by a moderator:
I have two Omegas and they have been great. I use them on both gas and bolt guns, interchangeably. Most notably, I use the ASR mount and brake on a very accurate 6mm CM bolt with a Proof CF bbl and do not see any issues. The Omegas work great and definitely have a lot of customization features with easy to swap end caps and muzzle adapters.

However, I'm about to start an open country bolt build and will go with a TBAC UL 7. Most smiths I have spoken with about my build say it is the can everything else gets compared to. I like the CB mount for the precision build compared to the ASR.

My buddies haves the omegas and they are nice cans. Tbac for me. My cans, ultra 7 and dominus make me happy. The non ti omega are heavy turds. No way I'd go that direction

What am I missing here? The Omega 300 uses titanium, unless you're buying used where's the all-steel option?

That said I prefer my TBACs over my two Omegas and 7 other SiCo cans, but all of them have a reason behind why they're in the safe.

No experience with the Omega Ti.

But tons of experience with Thunderbeast. That is all I will buy. Ultra 9, Ultra 7,amd Dominus. Some other brands might be quieter, but mine are extremely accurate and repeatable.
Lance if you had to choose between the ultra 7 or the Dominus which one are you taking? I'm fixing to pull the trigger on one & can't make up my mind

What am I missing here? The Omega 300 uses titanium, unless you're buying used where's the all-steel option?

That said I prefer my TBACs over my two Omegas and 7 other SiCo cans, but all of them have a reason behind why they're in the safe.
Not sure. I know my neighbors can is over a pound. He used my rifle for a Buffalo hunt and we put his can on. I weighed and to compare and could not believe how heavy it was.

Lance if you had to choose between the ultra 7 or the Dominus which one are you taking? I'm fixing to pull the trigger on one & can't make up my mind
I would go Gen 2 Ultra 7. It is only .75" longer, but it is .3" smaller diameter. At 8oz, it is almost 2oz lighter than the Dominus, and a lot of suppressor for the weight. Plus, cheaper.

I run covers, and I see a bit more of the Dominus through the scope.

I know my neighbors can is over a pound
Yeah, they book at 14oz and only go up with the ASR mount. The Omega is heavier than a full-Ti tubeless can like a TBAC, but also designed differently. Tubed, cobalt-6 blast baffle, bravo threads, rated down to 10.5" 5.56 for SBR use, full-auto vs 800* temp rated. More along the lines of the Dominus SR-mount models than a precision lightweight can like the Ultra series.

The Omega 300 and Ultra 7 were designed for different goal sets, calling one a turd over weight alone pretty much ignores every difference in design that went into both of them. The light weight all Ti-construction of the TBAC Ultra 7 would make it a turd if you tried to put one on an SBR and run the SOCOM firing schedule that TBAC used to rate the Dominus/ Dominus-K SR mounted designs.