Dead Air Nomad TI or Thunderbeast ultra 7

Yeah, they book at 14oz and only go up with the ASR mount. The Omega is heavier than a full-Ti tubeless can like a TBAC, but also designed differently. Tubed, cobalt-6 blast baffle, bravo threads, rated down to 10.5" 5.56 for SBR use, full-auto vs 800* temp rated. More along the lines of the Dominus SR-mount models than a precision lightweight can like the Ultra series.

The Omega 300 and Ultra 7 were designed for different goal sets, calling one a turd over weight alone pretty much ignores every difference in design that went into both of them. The light weight all Ti-construction of the TBAC Ultra 7 would make it a turd if you tried to put one on an SBR and run the SOCOM firing schedule that TBAC used to rate the Dominus/ Dominus-K SR mounted designs.
My dominus is just slightly heavier than the ultra and rated for full auto etc. For a hunter, and one looking at lighter weight rifles, the omega is significantly heavier and that is something a lot of people don't know and need to be aware of. I think you are taking way too much liberty with the term turd. Maybe it's too negative and hits people in the feels. I call a lot of things I own turds for one reason or another so I am not very sensitive to the term.

I'm not sensitive to it, but it does make you sound ignorant. The guy was asking for a comparison between the two, not just feels and opinions. I know you're smarter than that and can be better. You're usually a lot more informative than that. NBD đź‘Ť

I'm not sensitive to it, but it does make you sound ignorant. The guy was asking for a comparison between the two, not just feels and opinions. I know you're smarter than that and can be better.
Gotcha. I was pretty basic in the answer. Honestly just thought he cared about sound mitigation and general feel and not the science of the can.

All good, you're a voice I actually pay attention to on here.

FWIW I think tone is better on TBACs. I'm looking forward to getting a Gen 2 in hand to try against the older Ultra and the Omegas. Looking into them the TBAC apparently has a larger blast chamber. So louder or quieter aside, overall the lower tone is less annoying. I get a twang from the Omega on thinner barrels that comes through the stock and bugs me that I don't get with TBAC.

All good, you're a voice I actually pay attention to on here.

FWIW I think tone is better on TBACs. I'm looking forward to getting a Gen 2 in hand to try against the older Ultra and the Omegas. Looking into them the TBAC apparently has a larger blast chamber. So louder or quieter aside, overall the lower tone is less annoying. I get a twang from the Omega on thinner barrels that comes through the stock and bugs me that I don't get with TBAC.
Sorry I missed the mark. I notice a little bit of difference in the Dominus vs my Gen1 ultra. I need to test it more but one thing that was a cool bonus for me was swapping cans they had the exact same impact point and group size. I know I can grab either can and not have to rezero. I am on the fence if I like the shorter and fatter design but I got it for the use on the pistol and my compact PRC for wolf hunting. The idea to was to keep the overall length to the bare minimum and yet have good sound suppression. Like you I notice a difference in the sound in the omega vs the Ultra, it's a higher pitch note that rings a little in my ears. I don't hear that pitch so much in the TBAC cans. I might be able to post the vid of shooting the pistol for the first time, think I still have it. 11.5" 6 creed is a cannon to the ears without it, even with ear pro, it's violent.

My dominus is just slightly heavier than the ultra and rated for full auto etc. For a hunter, and one looking at lighter weight rifles, the omega is significantly heavier and that is something a lot of people don't know and need to be aware of. I think you are taking way too much liberty with the term turd. Maybe it's too negative and hits people in the feels. I call a lot of things I own turds for one reason or another so I am not very sensitive to the term.
Am I missing something? The dominus-SR is rated for full auto and listed as 12.5 oz. The omega is listed at 14.8. Is 2.3 ounces really significant? The ultra 7 is listed as 8-10 oz depending on mount but that 2.5 - 4.5 oz difference is only slight?? Unless you are referring to the dominus CB that is not full auto rated......

Am I missing something? The dominus-SR is rated for full auto and listed as 12.5 oz. The omega is listed at 14.8. Is 2.3 ounces really significant? The ultra 7 is listed as 8-10 oz depending on mount but that 2.5 - 4.5 oz difference is only slight?? Unless you are referring to the dominus CB that is not full auto rated......
Your're right it is a CB not SR.

My neighbors can is 1.03 lbs. Omega 300. I'll look for the ultra 7 but it was 9 ounces I think. Dom was 11. I may have to reweigh but the difference is noticeable for sure.

8D1D07D6-92B4-47E6-9899-237D5411E939.jpeg

If you are only getting one I suggest getting one that is a little heavier and rated to take whatever you throw at it, that is how I ended up with a Nomad and I love it. Don't own and don't have experience with the TBAC enough to comment. If you are going to run it on MSR type guns I would suggest getting one with 17-4 baffle stack if not going to full auto rated, even if it is heavier. An ounce or a couple ounces to the guy with one can is meaningless. One unit can cover almost everything you want to do, and my Nomad fits that bill for me. It is the can I reach for every time I reach for one, my son uses the others. I am sure I would feel the same way about the TBAC equivalent if I had that, the weight and length penalty is outshined by the sound suppression every time for me and regardless of what I am going to do. I hog hunt with the Nomad on an AR instead of a Sandman K etc.

Another thing to consider, mounting options are usually not included in the weight listed. If you run a brake/QD adaptor you have to add the weight of the brake and the adaptor for the can. This can add 4-5 ounces, and can be more than the difference between the units you are considering, If you add the brake to the end of the can also that is more weight. Look closely at the catalog weight, direct thread weight might not have any bearing on what you want to do.

Your're right it is a CB not SR.

My neighbors can is 1.03 lbs. Omega 300. I'll look for the ultra 7 but it was 9 ounces I think. Dom was 11. I may have to reweigh but the difference is noticeable for sure.
I won't argue that it is quite a bit heavier. However, the difference is full auto rating and the anchor brake. The omega is a do all type can that is also somewhat manageable in weight. The TBAC you mentioned are pretty specialized bolt gun ultra light cans. Not exactly comparing apples to apples.

I won't argue that it is quite a bit heavier. However, the difference is full auto rating and the anchor brake. The omega is a do all type can that is also somewhat manageable in weight. The TBAC you mentioned are pretty specialized bolt gun ultra light cans. Not exactly comparing apples to apples.
I am not sure it really matters in the end. The omega is a fine can and does a great job, just heavy in comparison. This is a hunting page and unless you're chasing pigs out of a helicopter I am assuming no one is using a full auto anything. If full auto rating is important than you are correct the difference becomes less of argument. I think the OP corrected the question to be nomad Ti compared to ultra 7, so the omega convo derailed the intent.

Why is the Omega in this discussion? OP was asking for experience between a Nomad Ti and TBAC Ultra 7.

The Nomad Ti is a remarkable can. Capitol Armory gave it the edge over the Ultra 7 Gen 2. I won't know myself till mine get out of jail, but I like the looks of them.