Dead Air Sandman TI Review

RangerWalker71

New Review for NFA Reviews. Dead Air Sandman TI

Sandman-TI

Looking for ultimate silence from your precision rifle? The Sandman Ti™ is your huckleberry. With its direct thread attachment and titanium tube it's the perfect fit for your precision rifle, or even for dedicated use under your AR pattern rifle forend.
The Ti has the class leading solid weld Stellite® baffle core and detachable front cap, just like the rest of our Sandman Series. The exterior is finished in Cerakote® for ultimate durability. Like all of our products, it is backed by a lifetime warranty.

Sandman-TI Specs

Rating: Multi - Up to .300 Win Mag Length: 8.2" Weight: 16.8oz Diameter: 1.5" Finish: Cerakote body Min. Barrel Length: No Restrictions MSRP: $849
LRH price $685 Shipped.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mz_HOON4Z3c

Im in the background stage on my sandman ti for my 700lr in 300 rum. Can't wait to see how well it works. According to dead air it can handle the big 300 ( both ultra and the norma mag).

Watch for carbon fouling with those bigger capacity cartridges and slower powders you will see a carbon ring appear very fast. That would be my advice from experience of my own.

Watch for carbon fouling with those bigger capacity cartridges and slower powders you will see a carbon ring appear very fast. That would be my advice from experience of my own.
Would a 28 inch pipe be ideal as far as most powder burned up before the can?

It would for sure help, but the carbon (carbon ring) will still grow in the throat of your barrel. It starts with an increase in fps then pressure signs if ignored. Get good carbon cutter specifically for carbon and clean for carbon after your regular bore cleaning. It is just something that happens, be prepared for it and get it out of there and all is good.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.