Thread Hi-Jacking: Personal Assaults Becoming Norm?

Last edited:
One of my favorite snacks...always pack it when hunting/backpacking
I think for the most part this is still a very good forum. Some folks are more easily offended than others , no different than friends and family , you have too work through it , opinions cause difference's, and some don't accept facts that's where let's agree too disagree comes in, and move on.

I am not allergic to nuts so I am not triggered

no worries, I was just demonstrating how quickly a thread can get derailed by off topic responses, in some cases completely off the subject matter , for example ... guy asks for advice on selecting a 30 cal magnum cartridge for hunting big game .... then gets a bunch of guys with a ton of bs responses recommending some other caliber cartridges nowhere near a 30 cal mag or way beyond .... can be an eyerolling time, wading through some of the threads

Well maybe the solution is to try not to be lured into attacking. Some people throw out insults or innuendos and when they get a strong response they pull out the victim card. I try not to go into attack mode. I'm not always successful, but I try. One could strive to be like Jerry was. A true gentleman.