Thread Hi-Jacking: Personal Assaults Becoming Norm?

LRH brethren, we ALL have strong passionate personal opinions on virtually everything but seems to be deepest in shooting sports. What I find discouraging to read is the constant hi-jacking of just about any topic turning into chest thumping verbal assaults on each other.

I joined LRH because it was different from other sites. I got tired of dealing with "Oh yeah" attitudes on other sites.

I was impressed with the technological discussions on LRH from which an old dog like me learned quite a bit.

Recently, I am trying to understand what has changed here on LRH? Why are there so many combative threads now instead of just a good technical discussion? It just seems no discussion can occur without complete assault by someone at some point.

How about the basic concept "we can agree to disagree" without dropping into the gutter? I am a AAA personality and I know it. I don't need validation of my opinion but holy cow, it seems it is throw down gauntlet these days to get validation.

I can roll in the mud with the worse but I come here for information, camaraderie, learn, share, meet new friends. This is becoming more difficult to do so.

So I hope any postings to this thread does not become complete validation to my observations with a personal assault upon anyone.

How difficult can it be to have a thoughtful constructive technical discussion?
Brother, I know exactly what you mean. Lack of respect and civility in information sharing and learning has gone out the door. The Golden Rule no longer exists. 🤬

Part of the problem is WE let THOSE threads continue to the point where there is admin or Len intervention. I think we all have a responsibility to "nip them in the bud" before it gets to that point. In other words, WE should be policing our own. Just saying.
No, Sir, you are spot on. I like GBs Ask the Expert forum; if the poster's query is answered within 10 posts, it is locked.

Last edited:
Brother, I know exactly what you mean. Lack of respect and civility in information sharing and learning has gone out the door. The Golden Rule no longer exists. 🤬
Oh I think civility still exist and people do agree to disagree. But I do believe that it's no longer the norm unfortunetely. Or it seems that way. Hopefully I'm wrong.

I think there is hope. I was involved in a safety meeting Friday afternoon. We covered some major issues with management and I was pleasantly surprised that discussions stayed on point and nobody resorted to calling each other SMF'ers. Of course this was a face to face discussion and one of the guys involved is the size of an offensive lineman.

Mauddy, I am following your lead...not here to rehash anything...but how to move forward in a more civil environment...

@xsn10s thank you for forcing me to learn something and puting a name to a behavior
btw, kittens, I can't do, but if it is for you....all the power to you
Finally, Duckduckgo...is the way to go....great explanation too
My avatar has me and my cat in it. Cats are hunters. But the hat prevents the government from changing us into vegans.

My avatar has me and my cat in it. Cats are hunters. But the hat prevents the government from changing us into vegans.
Murdock from A Team or Marvin Boggs from Red?...I am of course joking about the foil helmets😂

I was going to recommend a Snickers bar but it might be considered offensive ... so I'm not going to , lol

Instead ... I nominate whiskey, for soup of the day
One of my favorite snacks...always pack it when hunting/backpacking