Thoughts on when the heck components will be back?

So, you can't come up with even a single incident where primers or powder caused a truck fire?

Orange Dust hit the nail on the head!

I never mentioned anything about that. You've got the wrong guy.

I'm illustrating the potential financial impacts of breaking the law. That's all. I could care a less about fires, explosions etc.. (unless I'm watching a Sci-Fi or war flick, then yeah- I want some 'splosions maing.

How am I trying to justify anything? I am simply pointing out that the majority of the scalpers are shipping illegally. I may or may not agree with the law but that doesn't mean what they are doing isn't still illegal.
You honestly have no idea how many of the people on GB are shipping legally vs illegally, but you guess that a large percentage are shipping illegally. At least come clean about that.

buy it and list it for exactly what you bought it for.. lowering the bar for the scalpers and the guy who needs it can get a fair price for it

our average classified listing used to used to list about 450 total items .. now its upto 1650 and all overpriced everything what appears to be new stock good thing is it looks to be all stagnant and nobody buying .. i hope the scalpers end up with all the h50bmg and pyrodex they can stand ;)

i mean really . who bought all the percussion caps and muzzleloader bullets ..

Seriously.... All the cast lead bullets and friggin molds to make them are out of stock.

Seriously.... All the cast lead bullets and friggin molds to make them are out of stock.
This story has been playing out for a year. First it was TP, then my wife couldn't find flour for bread, then ammo flew off the shelves, next we couldn't find lids for mason jars, late summer we couldn't find a new crock for sauerkraut, and now this. Muzzleloading stuff.

WTH- did everyone decide to become an urban homesteader?! What are they gonna stuff their CVA rifle kit with homemade balls and hunt the neighbors cat? Jesus H. Christ what a bat crap crazy time this is....

I never mentioned anything about that. You've got the wrong guy.

I'm illustrating the potential financial impacts of breaking the law. That's all. I could care a less about fires, explosions etc.. (unless I'm watching a Sci-Fi or war flick, then yeah- I want some 'splosions maing.

Do you personally know people who are "breaking the law"?

Do you personally know people who are "breaking the law"?
Why are you asking me? Your internet squabble is with Adam32+P. I never claimed anyone, either GB or elsewhere was illegally shipping. Ever.

You just want to pick an argument 'just 'cause'?

I illustrated the penalties of illegally shipping hazmat just in case people weren't aware of the severity. Do you dispute that or something? I mean if you're going to respond to me, at least respond to something, you know- I actually POSTED.

Last edited:
The good times are over till the current administration is either out of office or brought to their knees in the next Mid Terms,
so at least 2 more years, possibly 4 & tack on an extra 18 months for industry to "catch up" with demand.
any items related to firearms will be tough to find & if you do find it, be prepared to be gouged handsomely, just my 2 cents.

This story has been playing out for a year. First it was TP, then my wife couldn't find flour for bread, then ammo flew off the shelves, next we couldn't find lids for mason jars, late summer we couldn't find a new crock for sauerkraut, and now this. Muzzleloading stuff.

WTH- did everyone decide to become an urban homesteader?! What are they gonna stuff their CVA rifle kit with homemade balls and hunt the neighbors cat? Jesus H. Christ what a bat crap crazy time this is....
YUP

Come on guys!
They ran out of toilet paper and we survived and now have plenty
They ran out of paper towels and we used cloth and now have plenty
They ran out of beef and we raided the freezer and now have plenty
They ran out of guns and ammo we didn't need. Already there are plenty of guns for sale, and many ON Sale.
You guys should have plenty of Hunting ammo.
Now they have run out of components. This has hit me very hard because I buy the years supply for competition in January.
I think instead of traveling all over the country this summer I will just do some local shoots and spend more time with my wife. May hurt my standings and classifications, but I'm sure she will appreciate the break. Hotels, restaurants, gun clubs not so much. I will save what components I have to get ready for the World championships this fall and not shoot it all up this Spring. We had a very short schedule last year and didn't get to shoot much due to Covid, and I was really looking forward to this year. Around here they are really picking up the .22 stuff. Falling plates and long range. LR with a .22 is a ball. I'm going to fill in with that and limit my centerfire. I just bought a new race gun for USPSA. Don't even have enough small rifle primers to break it in, but I will. I know all this is just pure rambling but I hope you guys get where I am coming from. Stick together and have fun. Don't let them beat you either physically or mentally. As responsible gun owners we must stick together and fight them no matter what kinds of guns you like. Do not let them pick on any of our brothers, and do not start a fight. We will all get through this and beat them I promise. Clean up your shop and spend some time with your wife. I know I need to do both.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts