Thoughts on when the heck components will be back?

coop2564

I don't know about you guys but I cant find anything for reloading. For a while I could find a few items at small town stores. But now nothing. The gun shows I found a few 50 rd packs of primers they wanted 45$ for a 50 pack. Anyone know of a source for 6.5 PRC cases? When do you think they will start catching up?

I think primers are the limiting factor for as long as the high demand lasts on factory ammunition lasts. All of the major manufacturers have been very candid in that they plan to only sell excess primers, if they can load them and sell ammunition as soon as it hits the shelves they will do that for as long as they can.
Up here in Alaska my good friend has seen sporadic shipments of a pretty broad powder selection hitting the shelves, as well as loaded ammo. But no primers. Shoot - we even have 6.8 western on the shelves, just no guns to use it yet!

I think primers are the limiting factor for as long as the high demand lasts on factory ammunition lasts. All of the major manufacturers have been very candid in that they plan to only sell excess primers, if they can load them and sell ammunition as soon as it hits the shelves they will do that for as long as they can.
Up here in Alaska my good friend has seen sporadic shipments of a pretty broad powder selection hitting the shelves, as well as loaded ammo. But no primers. Shoot - we even have 6.8 western on the shelves, just no guns to use it yet!
Yeah you can shoot anything you want here, as long as its .416 Rigby or .500 Nitro Express. At least that's what was on the shelves at Sportsman Whorehouse last time I checked, lol.

My wish is that every hoarder and flipper get caught with inventory and they lose their ***. Most every one of them don't even own a firearm and I have nothing to say that wouldn't bring a ban from this site.
I pray for all of you to be able to find components at some point and get back to what we have been peacefully doing for years.
This is a tragedy.

You would think the manufactures would buy more equipment and ramp up production. This has been an on going things for many years now. As soon as they start getting caught up another political uproar happens and here we go again.

It's not so easy to just 'buy more equipment'. That kind of capital investment has to be very carefully thought out because if you overshoot- you can sink a company real quick. Unfortunately they are dealing with a some serious wildcards (us shooters) that go into hoarding mode when there is a political wind change, a mass shooting or some other event planned or unplanned.

One of the CEO's did a good job explaining why they can't do exactly what you said.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.