Thoughts on when the heck components will be back?

Primers are not more dangerous now than they were thirty or forty years ago.

Hazmat started for $1. When folks didn't make a big fuss "they" raised it to $5. Some complaining but not much. After that it went up more and more. I gave up my FFL.

Just went to a local gun show
Primers were just over scarce, selling for $100-150 per thousand for standard primers (not match).
Powders were almost nill
Brass was scarce, but did manage to find more .308 Lake City and Winchester 25-06 and 7mmRM (new in bag) and some Starline .357mag brass
And brand new Dillon .357mag dies.
I was surprised at the lack of bullets.
There were not any seconds even.
The guns were fairly priced if they weren't on an AR platform
Or AK.
But loaded ammo was through the roof.
Bulk ammo in military cans were over double what they brought last year

I think primers are the limiting factor for as long as the high demand lasts on factory ammunition lasts. All of the major manufacturers have been very candid in that they plan to only sell excess primers, if they can load them and sell ammunition as soon as it hits the shelves they will do that for as long as they can.
Up here in Alaska my good friend has seen sporadic shipments of a pretty broad powder selection hitting the shelves, as well as loaded ammo. But no primers. Shoot - we even have 6.8 western on the shelves, just no guns to use it yet!
Funny thing, I just saw 6.8 western for the first time on the local shelf last week, it didn't last but I've never seen it stocked before

I was able to score a die for 6.5 PRC on Midway for $52. On gun broker they are selling for avg of 186$
Went to Fort Worth gun show Saturday and NO 6.5 PRC ammo or cases, lots of 6.5 CM though, 243, 223 etc. AVG price was about $75 per box of 20.

Just a quick note- Midway sent me an alert at 9:07a.m. MST that CCI large rifle primers were in stock. It was $56 for 1,000 (or something like that) not including shipping. Didn't need them, so passed. They were out within minutes.

Yes, bad things did happen. Planes may not have fallen out of skies but plenty had cargo holds smoked up, plenty of trucks on fire, and so on. The Haz Mat fees are only part of it, TRAINING requirements and shipping requirements became necessary to insure packaging and compatible materials were shipped correctly.

Yes, bad things did happen. Planes may not have fallen out of skies but plenty had cargo holds smoked up, plenty of trucks on fire, and so on. The Haz Mat fees are only part of it, TRAINING requirements and shipping requirements became necessary to insure packaging and compatible materials were shipped correctly.

Can you document two truck fires due to primers or powder?

Yes, I have seen that a couple uber liberal representatives from a couple uber liberal districts have grandstanded for their constituencies by introducing ridiculous bills with absurd provisions like registering all guns, and passing psychological exams and paying yearly fees just for the privilege to shoot, that will NEVER PASS Now, some milder bills that are limited to things like expanded background checks, and possibly even bans on "assault weapons" might gain some traction and may even pass. But even if they do, that will hardly "take away all our gun rights" or "make recreational shooting disappear."
It's a RIGHT! Not a privilege.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts