Thoughts on a cooper 280ai

pieplate

Thinking of buying a new cooper 280ai out of the box has anyone have one or could give me any suggestions ?

I dont know anything about there rifles but I do remeber hearing on here and over at 6mmbr.com that He openly supported Obama and that made him unpopular with the gun guys and they called for a boycott of his company.

He might have some great rifles but if it were my money and it isent I would have one of the smiths here build me the rifle.

Last edited:
I had a Cooper Phoenix in .204 Ruger. I will tell you that the quality is A-1. It didn't shoot any better (or worse) than my Savage .204, but I loved the quality of the craftsmanship. I would recommend a Cooper for sure. The only thing I would suggest for you to think about....you're going to pay a premium for a Cooper, so if you have the $$ or if you can save a little more $$, then I would go with a custom build. Again, just something to think about.​

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.