Thoughts on 1 and 9 - 23” barrel 30 caliber

SO I HUNT

I've got a carbon barrel (Benchmark) 30 caliber 23" long. My plan is to build 300 ultra mag because I have everything for reloading and I have a lot of 180 gr. Accubonds to.
So my question is 1 in 9 barrel going to be okay to use 180's and heavier or build something else in 30 caliber family? Also I'm shooting suppressed.

Sounds like a nice barrel for many bullets.

It's always a bit chancy to build around a particular bullet.

The 180 Accubond should work, but always be prepared that it won't.

I've got a carbon barrel (Benchmark) 30 caliber 23" long. My plan is to build 300 ultra mag because I have everything for reloading and I have a lot of 180 gr. Accubonds to.
So my question is 1 in 9 barrel going to be okay to use 180's and heavier or build something else in 30 caliber family? Also I'm shooting suppressed.
The 9 twist will be fine for most 30 cal bullets even well over 200 gr. Main issue will be the barrels pretty short for a RUM but it will work. Muzzle gas pressure and volume will be pretty high, make sure the supressor your using is a quality one able to handle that extra stress. By that i mean, a low priced supressor designed for a 308 may develop integrity issues with this set up….

The 9 twist will be fine for most 30 cal bullets even well over 200 gr. Main issue will be the barrels pretty short for a RUM but it will work. Muzzle gas pressure and volume will be pretty high, make sure the supressor your using is a quality one able to handle that extra stress. By that i mean, a low priced supressor designed for a 308 may develop integrity issues with this set up….
I have checked with with them and there's no limit length of barrel. Thanks for your reply.

I think it's a great combo and leaves room to run a fairly heavy mono if that ever enters the equation.

I'm dreaming up a 22 inch 30 nosler myself and will run a 9 twist on it. It will be right on the 1.5 stability line per Berger with the 245s at sea level but excellent at 8000 feet. That means any cup and core bullet a choose to run will be good and most mono's up to 200 grains will work.