Those with Lilja Spiral Fluted barrels.....Please help??

codyadams

I ordered a spiral fluted barrel from lilja, and I am having LRI flute my bolt as well....but, I want to know what direction lilja flutes their barrels. I'm confused, because looking at pictures on the internet, every one I can find (including their pic on their site) shows fluting going to the left. However, when I called to double check, they stated that they turn to the right. When I reference their picture on their internet site, he stated "it looks like it's left hand fluting because the picture is from the muzzle, not the breech." Well.....that is not the case.....it would look like left hand fluting from either direction, just as right hand fluting will look like right hand fluting from whatever direction you look at it. Random picture for reference, imagine looking at it from either side as the muzzle end, and you will see it's the same.

fluting.jpg

Now if your like me, you just used your hand in front of your face to imagine the way the flutes twist ha ha. Anyway, I would be very disappointed if I got my bolt fluted the opposite direction of my barrel....Does anyone have a spiral fluted lilja barrel (fluted by lilja) that they can confirm their direction of fluting? I want to have my bolt back before I get my barrel, so that I can take my action and barrel to my smith ASAP to get it assembled and hopefully get some load development done before season, otherwise I would just wait to get my barrel and then send off my bolt.

Thanks for your time guys, and for any help. It is appreciated!!!

These are the two pics on their site when I looked again. One is right hand, the other is left hand!! What the heck!! My only thought is one of the photos was reversed by the phone or whatever took the picture.....

IMG_2700.png
spiral_flte_samples-e1430251788484.jpg

I talked to Carson several months ago and he told me that the spiral fluting was left hand twist. He told me that left hand twist fluting worked better with right hand twist rifling.

I couldn't make out what the orange label says, too blurry in the picture but if you can invert it and read it you'll know the pic has been flipped.
LOL Oh no....a mismatching rifle.... you could start a trend !
thumbnail (54).jpg

I couldn't make out what the orange label says, too blurry in the picture but if you can invert it and read it you'll know the pic has been flipped.
LOL Oh no....a mismatching rifle.... you could start a trend !View attachment 135345
Ha Ha right!! I think it would totally throw off the gyroscope stability, therefore negatively affecting barrel harmonics which would have an end result of the bullet coming out of the barrel backwards!!!! Ha ha

I talked to Carson several months ago and he told me that the spiral fluting was left hand twist. He told me that left hand twist fluting worked better with right hand twist rifling.

Ummm...what? lol

His mind must get blown when he tries to figure out how a diamond fluted barrel works with right hand twist rifling...

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.