spiral fluted barrels

chad

If you have a spiral fluted barrel post a picture of your gun. Im trying to decide how many flutes to do on my barrel be fore I order it. Is there a max number of flutes for a barrel crowned at .700? Im thinking of a 5 flute but I would like to see what some barrels look like with a different number of flutes.

Here's one

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    309.6 KB · Views: 94
Nice!! CPGfan, That last rifle picture, how many flutes? Is there a twist rate I should have him do?

I just send mine to Karl at Kampfeld Custom and he flutes them how he flutes them :). I guess I've never paid attention to twist rate or number of flutes.

+1 on Karl. I think it matches his Ti flutes he does on bolts when you request spiral. I just fill out form, ship and wait for return of his labor. No exaggeration..... his work has been perfect on everything

I'm interested in how spiral flutes change the bore and groove diameters at their ends as well as between the flute ends.

Does the 'smith air gauge barrels he flutes?

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.