Thorofare Elk Hunt

WyoElk2Hunt

gun)Leave Cody and have an 8 hour horse ride into area over Deer Creek Trail.
Sept 10th season opens. One of the lower 48 most remote areas. Great scenery, lots of Elkand Grizzly Bears. While I was hunting I kille a 5X5 Elk and Mule deer and saw 13 bears. 2 were sows with 2 cubs, 1 was a sow with one cub and 5 were solo bears. One of the guys with me had his elk taken by a bear before we could quarter it up and hang it on a bear pole. One of the best hunting trips you can have, Been there twice now.

that is a hunt I'd really like to do before I get much older . I've been looking at these for probably 5 years or so . none of my buddies want to do this or I probably would have hunted it by now . what guide did you use ? I kind of liked what I read about hidden creek outfitters they were called thorofare outfitters . thanks Jim

I haven't been in that country for a few years now. Backpacked over the pass on deer creek trail a few times. I had somebody pick me up on pacific creek one year after I walked it all the way through. Grizzlies got so bad I quit fooling with it and the wolves ate most of the elk so I haven't been there in a few years. If you need another guy I would like to see that country again. Do you have horses or going to rent them? I hunted it back in the 70's-80's and it was very good then. I would like to see some of my old hotspots.

that is a hunt I'd really like to do before I get much older . I've been looking at these for probably 5 years or so . none of my buddies want to do this or I probably would have hunted it by now . what guide did you use ? I kind of liked what I read about hidden creek outfitters they were called thorofare outfitters . thanks Jim
I didn't have an outfitter just me and three other guys on our own horses and Equipment. I have a friend that guides for Hidden Creek and he speaks good of them. I waited for a long time before I found buddies that wanted to go there.

I haven't been in that country for a few years now. Backpacked over the pass on deer creek trail a few times. I had somebody pick me up on pacific creek one year after I walked it all the way through. Grizzlies got so bad I quit fooling with it and the wolves ate most of the elk so I haven't been there in a few years. If you need another guy I would like to see that country again. Do you have horses or going to rent them? I hunted it back in the 70's-80's and it was very good then. I would like to see some of my old hotspots.
I have two horses and my buddies have there horses we just like going on adventures, will keep you in mind if we go back this year.

If you go let me know. I can rent a horse. I just haven't found anybody dumb as me that would want to go back in there. I am like you and love remote country adventures. I would go back if I had somebody to go with. Where are you located? I am near Thermopolis.

If you go let me know. I can rent a horse. I just haven't found anybody dumb as me that would want to go back in there. I am like you and love remote country adventures. I would go back if I had somebody to go with. Where are you located? I am near Thermopolis.
I live outside Farson, Wyoming. The guys I go with have to Draw General tags to hunt there so it depends on the draw if we go. LIke you when you say you are going to the thorofare most people opt out, and you always here bears lots of bears.

Hey who what's your friends name that guides for hidden creek? I have a guy that guided for hidden creek up until last year and no another guy that has a partnership with bill perry the owner

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.