successful elk hunt

mike_l

here are some pics of my elk that i got on opening morning.
not much of a story but he was shot from around 325 yds. i know its not long range but hey i will take what i can get.
1217Michael_s_Elk_Hunt_041-med.jpg
1217Michael_s_Elk_Hunt_040-med.jpg

Nice bull man, congrats. What district did you shoot him in? I am going to start putting in down there, and god willing, some day I'm going to draw an out of state tag.

i shot him in unit 6A in northern az. i did this guy in with my .300 ultra mag i have posted pics of before was glad to finnaly use it

just finished boiling the skull and scoring him if his right side wasn't brokenright behind the 4th he would have went 302" but as is he is 285". wish he would have been 340" just weren't seeing that quality of bulls this year this was the biggest bull we saw in a months worth of scouting so thats why i didn't hesitate to take this one on opening morning. we even ran into the game warden up there and he said that nothing real big has been pulled out of that unit in a couple of years.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.