Thinking of reloading

Blackhawk

You can easily save enough money to justify it. Especially if you like real powder burners and expensive cartridges. It also tends to make me buy more expensive cartridges because reloading can justify them. Components are a little hard to find right now but that’s part of the fun.
It's gotten to be like the children's game of Hide and Seek!
Components Hide while you must Seek.

Last edited:

misterc01

My wife once asked how much I had spent (I call it investing) on my reloading "stuff." I did not have the nerve to add it up. I just said "Not a whole lot". Then I added " It is like the days when we had cameras with film - one day your relialize you spent more on film than on the camera sytsem itself."

ranger3

You will never save money reloading...you might shoot more, but wont save money.
Disagree, my prairie dog loads cost less than $10 per box. Accuracy is my goal, but factory loads are far better than they were once
I load about 1500 to 2k pd loads per year . .my average pd load cost about. 40 per round.

Old rooster

As soon as they get the vaccines out and folks get immune to covid the powder and primer shops will restart full on powder and primer making and maybe soon there will be an excess so you buy way more than you need for times like this.I thought I had more than I needed but I was wrong.
I started reloading in the 1960's with a hand loader and frankly I can't imagine NOT reloading.
Old Rooster

Deputy819

LRH Team Member
How many 100s or 1,000s of round does it take for the economics of it to make sense?
For me, the economics don’t make sense. Not even close. Like many others here I got into reloading to enhance the performance of my firearms while learning just how things work (or don’t work). Until times get better (note my confidence) I’d like to recommend that you check out the following website and the YouTube videos specific to Sam’s ‘Precision Rifle Load Development Series’.

SteelBanger

For me, the economics don’t make sense. Not even close. Like many others here I got into reloading to enhance the performance of my firearms while learning just how things work (or don’t work). Until times get better (note my confidence) I’d like to recommend that you check out the following website and the YouTube videos specific to Sam’s ‘Precision Rifle Load Development Series’.

Great recommendation on Sam's reloading series, I've watched it a couple times myself ... great info there for both newbies and experienced hand loaders!

jasonco

LRH Team Member
Best handloading tool you can get ever! Sz 2x

1610824914149.png

Last edited:

jasonco

LRH Team Member
You know,, Some people are still confused by the meaning of this, EC shirt. LOL I showed,, and started to buy this for my FTI. About a week later he figured it out and sold his bushings on eBay. Win, Win.
.002"-.003" is all it takes! The width of scotch tape!

imyourhuckleberry

Depending on your shooting style, whether you shoot very little or you shoot a lot...you will never get to a break even point. You will buy things you never knew you needed and than buy stuff in case you need it and never use it. Send your kids to college instead, its cheaper.

Last edited:

Primary

LRH Assistant
Here are some related products that LRH members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to LRH’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to LRH discussions about these products.