Cost of reloading

I agree. Was just curious if one could remove cost of brass out of the equation for however long brass would last. If one got lucky with good brass prep and get say 12 15 reloads. On say ADG or peterson. Lapua brass. I guess if one got only 5 out of rem or hornady qestion still remains. Using reloading cost calculator (not 100% accurate I'm sure, just goofing around with numbers avg cost was 3.70 for 338 edge rum Lapua (not lapua brass) after putting in all info, and using 100 cases with no cost cause already have brass. It dropped to 1.35 per round. I know that's not real concept. That's why I asked the question. I do agree 100% quality in quality out. Buy once cry once and enjoy
Our lapuas been using GWT brass. Not going to go into the controversial argument over full length vs neck size but my son has 15 reloads right now out of his set for his 338 lapua mag.

He does all the math on the cost, I dont. As others have said find good quality at a good price and enjoy the precision.

When you know it's good quality and you buy enough brass for the barrel life, you can get bulk price with consistent brass.
6.5x284 we only use lapua brass. We average 6-9 more reloads over all the rest before pockets are spent.

Don't forget, your time is money too. Lower end tools and brass will cause more work in the long run if your reloading for precision and that will cost you more than any brass on the market.
What my brass cost me per round is priceless. Sort of like toilet paper, I buy the best so I don't end up with crap in my hand, the price per sheet doesn't peak my intrest.
Hornady brass just doesn't hold the pressure in anything I shoot.

It's funny that I have learned, that I have had to figure in some other coast into my reloading. Say for example:
A new scale set up for the reloading room costed me a new Washing machine and dryer for the wife.
Plans for next years custom rifle project, $8.500.00 budgeted with NF scope. Will also cost me a NEW CAR. DAAA
Who would of thought. REALLITY.
I came home from work where my supper plate usually was there was a bill from black widow bows for 964 dollars thought I had it covered by shipping to work didn't work that way she told me because I tried to hide it she bought a new 3/4 ton dodge 4x4 diesel it was green in 2001 I tell people most expensive bow ever built cost me 30,964 dollars love and learn. David

It's funny that I have learned, that I have had to figure in some other coast into my reloading. Say for example:
A new scale set up for the reloading room costed me a new Washing machine and dryer for the wife.
Plans for next years custom rifle project, $8.500.00 budgeted with NF scope. Will also cost me a NEW CAR. DAAA
Who would of thought. REALLITY.
Compromise
I came home from work where my supper plate usually was there was a bill from black widow bows for 964 dollars thought I had it covered by shipping to work didn't work that way she told me because I tried to hide it she bought a new 3/4 ton dodge 4x4 diesel it was green in 2001 I tell people most expensive bow ever built cost me 30,964 dollars love and learn. David
Oops.

Aman.

In the long, long run you might save a few bucks, as long as your time isn't worth anything. Reloading isn't a money saver, it's a performance enhancer.

Hope everyone is ok.
Yes this happened six years ago the twins were in booster seats they were 2 they looked like hoot owls their eyes were so big I was so happy they were ok I was crying didn't even know the tree we hit came in my window and cut my left arm up but that was minor detail since they were safe. David

started out back in the late 50'-60's s with some crazy benchrest shooters, bird hunters, deer hunters . They drove me to load and shoot- best toys I ever bot and still buying more toys. Also got me into trap shooting with the SUB boys in Groton CT Back then a Tin of powder was like 1.75 still have some of them tins, just wish the prices were still the same. Have made and still make new friends over shooting and bird hunting love the grouse & quail back then along with the chukkar's , bobwhites & prairie Chickens ( pheasants ) Did trips with a war buddy from Nam over the years out mid-west till he died.. miss them times a week at a time doing them birds with there armor plating. My load is a 16 Ga / 2 3/4 in hull / # 5 1/2 NP shot 1oz / Longshot powder @ some 1500 FPS loads still to this day, now use 20's and 28's & 410 for grouse. Loading keeps me going cost that's another thing now I don't care much about it is what it is ! Just enjoy it for as long as I can.

Over the years have had the pleasure to make some great friends and share in the fun times of loading, BS, hunting and a beer or two or three. Have a better understanding of ammo, heck I made that one, and it goes BANG and hit the same spot . Its not the savings- that's long gone- just doing it all these years and the changes in powder / bullets / brass / primers keeps me going. Love the smell of powder