Cost of Reloading - Pre-Covid Vs Post Covid

I have resigned myself to the thought that bullets are no longer $8.00 a hundred as some I still have, primers are no longer $ 75.00 per five thousand as some I still have and powder no longer $9.95 a pound as one of the empty bottles I have. No more $ 4.00 box Winchester AA or Remington Premiers either. Just glad I can still get components, afford some, load and shoot them.

I have resigned myself to the thought that bullets are no longer $8.00 a hundred as some I still have, primers are no longer $ 75.00 per five thousand as some I still have and powder no longer $9.95 a pound as one of the empty bottles I have. No more $ 4.00 box Winchester AA or Remington Premiers either. Just glad I can still get components, afford some, load and shoot them.
You must of had a hell of alot or don't shoot much if you still have components at those prices. God bless & enjoy.

I used to buy my powder at Cabelas in Fort Worth a few years back before all the pandemic. They never seam to have H4350. I decided to change things up and went at a different time and day and speak to someone different. Come to find out the person that was over the reloading section was grabbing all of it because he and his buddies were bench rest shooters. Well he got fired. The person that helped me with this got the manager involved. It showed in their system that 8 pounds was delivered that day and not one sale was made. The manager asked me if I could please be patient and he will see what he can find out. Next thing I knew the guy that got the manager involved came out with H4350 powder. He told me they found it in a employees locker. The manager and I'm sure someone else like security or someone went through the lockers. It's people like that hoarder that makes us reloader's so angry. What busted him was I special ordered 2# of powder and I was there to pick it up. That powder was in his locker.

I used to buy my powder at Cabelas in Fort Worth a few years back before all the pandemic. They never seam to have H4350. I decided to change things up and went at a different time and day and speak to someone different. Come to find out the person that was over the reloading section was grabbing all of it because he and his buddies were bench rest shooters. Well he got fired. The person that helped me with this got the manager involved. It showed in their system that 8 pounds was delivered that day and not one sale was made. The manager asked me if I could please be patient and he will see what he can find out. Next thing I knew the guy that got the manager involved came out with H4350 powder. He told me they found it in a employees locker. The manager and I'm sure someone else like security or someone went through the lockers. It's people like that hoarder that makes us reloader's so angry. What busted him was I special ordered 2# of powder and I was there to pick it up. That powder was in his locker.
I always thought most shooter were pretty much upstanding, fair & honorable folks unfortunately stories like this expose my naive thinking. Sad when we don't help each other out especially during scarce times.

I'm not going to judge all bench rest shooters based of one individual. I hope people don't think that was my intent. I'm the type of person that is willing to help when I can. As a hunter I do my best to give back to my hunting family. My experiences, misshapes and misfortunes so that people don't make the same mistakes. I'll pass on what I've learned out in the field, good and bad so that people can learn from them. It is a sad lesson to learn that there are people out there in the hunting/shooting world that all they think about is themselves and give people like us a bad name. I believe that there is more good than bad. I will not let the bad change who I am. I will stay positive and passionate about what keeps me happy. Hunting and helping others. Yes my family to. LoL!!!

I joke about buying by the shipping container, but seems like there were enough of us at CCC before it closed that we could have done bulk orders for powder and primers fairly easily.

Dallas Buyers Club for reloading supplies anyone? Who wants to fly to Australia to negotiate the deal

I joke about buying by the shipping container, but seems like there were enough of us at CCC before it closed that we could have done bulk orders for powder and primers fairly easily.

Dallas Buyers Club for reloading supplies anyone? Who wants to fly to Australia to negotiate the deal

Give us a yell if you ever come to Australia, or just want to ask about Australia.

Never met a real Texan,

Powder has been a little problematic here. Not sure why, they blame freight but we also know they produce some Hogdon lines.

@Chas1 what's in Canadia? About all I know is the Canadian Club whiskey. I'll take that over Bourbon and Rye Whiskey but out Great Aussie Spirit is Bundaberg Rum , many say it's an acquired taste but I like it.

Give us a yell if you ever come to Australia, or just want to ask about Australia.

Never met a real Texan,

Powder has been a little problematic here. Not sure why, they blame freight but we also know they produce some Hogdon lines.

@Chas1 what's in Canadia? About all I know is the Canadian Club whiskey. I'll take that over Bourbon and Rye Whiskey but out Great Aussie Spirit is Bundaberg Rum , many say it's an acquired taste but I like it.
Earlier in the year there were primers in Canada,

Well this has certainly derailed so naturally i'm
jumping back in :). Canadian here, it's my belief that there's no conspiracy or unfair treatment as far as Canadians having primers and powder when America has temporarily run dry. In fact it's real simple to me: we have 1/10th your population. Of that 10%, there are less firearm enthusiasts and handloaders per capita compared to the USA (maybe not in Saskatchewan and Alberta, but the more urban places…absolutely). I don't believe it's a matter of American companies sending us supplies and keeping American buyers empty handed for some obscure reason (economically that makes no sense). It's that existing supplies up here don't evaporate overnight from demand the same way they do down there every time you have an election.