Thieves Amongst Us

l read the post about the individual who was pickup was broken into had his equipment stolen. I am a New Mexico native and resident and live in the northwest part of the state. I wish that I could take offense to his post, but unfortunately, I can't. Albuquerque is a cesspool of humanity and crime is a way of life. Police issue citations to burglars caught in the act. I once witnessed a two car collision and called 911. I waited at them site of the accident for over an hour before I had to leave. I don't know if or when an officer ever showed up. I even saw patrol cars pass by and none of them stopped. I hate to say it, but my State is an embarrassment to moral law abiding citizens. Our governor is a puppet for the the democrat party. The government's ideals and ideas go against law and order. Our education system is one of the worst in the nation. I hope that we can turn the State around, but with our liberal majority in the largest population centers, it might not ever be possible. The Democrat majority in our legislature even realigned our voting districts so now it is almost impossible to elect conservative representatives. What ever happened to the moral majority. In today's world, it is the immoral majority that controls our nation. Our politicians cater to those people to try to hold a stranglehold on our country. They allow millions of illegal aliens to enter our country knowing how they will probably vote. Our vice president is even trying to circumvent the naturalization process to grant them citizenship. Some are even advocating granting voting rights to illegal aliens. Why are liberals sacrificing our country to remain in power. How much longer can endure this? Wake up America!!!!

Sounds good mark but I'm afraid there are a lot of THEM out there.
Has religion failed to change people?
20 years ago over 70% of the US proclaimed to be Christians. Now we are at 49%. No doubt this has a bearing but also the fact that cheap addictive drugs are more readily available and there are more people, which in turn produces more scoundrels.
It doesn't help that we have an overwhelmed justice system that doesn't have the time or resources to investigate or prosecute petty crimes, coupled with many locales that refuse to presecute repeat offenders... or those that just slap them on the wrist and let them go to victimize yet another law abiding, tax paying citizen.

Thieves are one of the lowest forms of scum on earth. Lost a set of Swaro binos because I left them under the seat at restaurant in a tiny mountain town of like 100 people or less. I was literally 50ft away inside. Truck was locked they broke out the wing window and unlocked it. Rifles were locked in the truck tool box thank goodness. County Sheriff told me they have a real drug problem in that area and he could about guess who it was. I asked who, he wouldn't tell me haha...

Anymore I don't stop, I don't even walk into gas stations I pay at the pump where I can keep an eye on my stuff.

l read the post about the individual who was pickup was broken into had his equipment stolen. I am a New Mexico native and resident and live in the northwest part of the state. I wish that I could take offense to his post, but unfortunately, I can't. Albuquerque is a cesspool of humanity and crime is a way of life. Police issue citations to burglars caught in the act. I once witnessed a two car collision and called 911. I waited at them site of the accident for over an hour before I had to leave. I don't know if or when an officer ever showed up. I even saw patrol cars pass by and none of them stopped. I hate to say it, but my State is an embarrassment to moral law abiding citizens. Our governor is a puppet for the the democrat party. The government's ideals and ideas go against law and order. Our education system is one of the worst in the nation. I hope that we can turn the State around, but with our liberal majority in the largest population centers, it might not ever be possible. The Democrat majority in our legislature even realigned our voting districts so now it is almost impossible to elect conservative representatives. What ever happened to the moral majority. In today's world, it is the immoral majority that controls our nation. Our politicians cater to those people to try to hold a stranglehold on our country. They allow millions of illegal aliens to enter our country knowing how they will probably vote. Our vice president is even trying to circumvent the naturalization process to grant them citizenship. Some are even advocating granting voting rights to illegal aliens. Why are liberals sacrificing our country to remain in power. How much longer can endure this? Wake up America!!!!
If you want to see an embarrassment to moral law live in the armpit of the nation Illinois live near Chitcago you will think New Mexico is a utopia.

Sad to see this happening here in Billings. Looks like more and more folks are stealing these trophies, so stay vigilant folks! Protect yourself and, if buying used goods, ask the right questions. Remember, if it's too good to be true, it probably is. Even if you get the item in question, it may likely be someone's prized possession.

String um up!

This is really terrible. I am sure many of you saw the story on the forum a few weeks back where the guy had his deer stolen. I guess depending on where I am hunting this is another thought in the process. Guess we all need those steel bear lock boxes for our harvests to protect from the 2 legged scavengers now too..... Certain behaviors seem to spread as they make it public and more terrible people look for these opportunities.

I think it was about 10 years ago, my wife and I were camping. We went hiking in the morning and after lunch we went in the tent to read books and take a nap. about 10 minutes later, a lady and her kids walked right through our camp between the tent and cooking area, she could have easily gone around. she was giving the camp stove, table, and cooking gear a once over, clearly stopped to look at things rather than just pass by. She started to appear to be getting ready to open the camping box by the table.... she was startled when I unzipped the tent and asked if she needed help with something. She quickly said "we were just looking for rocks for the kids to climb on." Coincidentally, there was a rock formation about 50 yards from our site, but it was next to the road, no need to walk through our camp. She kind of scurried away and said kids, lets go to these rocks over here. i just said "ya whatever" and plopped my butt in my camp chair until they left. Who knows what might have been missing had we not happened to be there.

I could stomach losing a piece of replaceable gear (although it would still anger me), but losing an animal or trophy to thieves from a hunting trip would make me sick.

I gave up and moved from California after living there since born. Used to be a great state. There's tons of conservatives and mostly red counties. The big cities with the libs win the electoral vote. And then you get the dictator governor ....

This is really terrible. I am sure many of you saw the story on the forum a few weeks back where the guy had his deer stolen. I guess depending on where I am hunting this is another thought in the process. Guess we all need those steel bear lock boxes for our harvests to protect from the 2 legged scavengers now too..... Certain behaviors seem to spread as they make it public and more terrible people look for these opportunities.

I think it was about 10 years ago, my wife and I were camping. We went hiking in the morning and after lunch we went in the tent to read books and take a nap. about 10 minutes later, a lady and her kids walked right through our camp between the tent and cooking area, she could have easily gone around. she was giving the camp stove, table, and cooking gear a once over, clearly stopped to look at things rather than just pass by. She started to appear to be getting ready to open the camping box by the table.... she was startled when I unzipped the tent and asked if she needed help with something. She quickly said "we were just looking for rocks for the kids to climb on." Coincidentally, there was a rock formation about 50 yards from our site, but it was next to the road, no need to walk through our camp. She kind of scurried away and said kids, lets go to these rocks over here. i just said "ya whatever" and plopped my butt in my camp chair until they left. Who knows what might have been missing had we not happened to be there.

I could stomach losing a piece of replaceable gear (although it would still anger me), but losing an animal or trophy to thieves from a hunting trip would make me sick.
Glad your were in camp... It was here in Wy. where buck was stolen. Closest town was Jackson I guess. Lib capital of Wyoming. I'm betting it was another hunter or hunter or a ****ed ofc outfitter... ?
Billings like somebody said. The Seattle of Montana . Going to Scheels there tomorrow. Nothing will be in our truck !

Sad to see this happening here in Billings. Looks like more and more folks are stealing these trophies, so stay vigilant folks! Protect yourself and, if buying used goods, ask the right questions. Remember, if it's too good to be true, it probably is. Even if you get the item in question, it may likely be someone's prized possession.

I had the only 12 point whitetail rack I ever got stolen from my backyard, prob neighborhood teenagers, dang.

I think it all comes down to taking care of your gear and it taking care of you. Be it lazy or not in the right mindset...you dont leave a massive trophy and a $5000 bill laying out in plan sight in the west over night thinking nothing will happen. Being complacent then crying about the outcome is kind of dumb. I just left my camper and fourwheeler out in the country for a week. I was super worried about the fourwheeler because they are worth more to ppl where i hunt than cars. That being said i still double locked everything up and covered/hid the fourwheeler. Put a ulock on it with the ramped locked down to it and left in gear with the keys out. It was dumb to do but it worked out and i placed steps to deter others from stealing it. Same with my elk head driving around town with my wife. I covered the elk wrapped a lock around it and locked it to the bed and also parked where i knew cameras would be pointing at my truck. If no cameras i stayed with the truck while my wife went in.

It is sad we cant trust others anymore but it is a realization we have come to in most states in america. Dont leave anything behind or out that you dont want stolen plain and simple.
Locks are useless these days withe the advent if cordless grinders. Even u locks. You really just got lucky as your stuff was just as vulnerable as the guy you quoted.

When we go to a hotel, it looks like I am moving in for a few weeks. I get the luggage cart and load it down with everything I don't want stolen from the vehicle. Also, food and bathroom breaks are a tag team. Somebody is always at the vehicle. Crappy way to live, isn't it?

I just got back from an Elk hunt in New Mexico. Decided to drive straight through the night instead of stopping at a hotel. Slept in the truck for a few hours at a truck stop. Brought home a 339" rack. That never left my sight!

I gave up and moved from California after living there since born. Used to be a great state. There's tons of conservatives and mostly red counties. The big cities with the libs win the electoral vote. And then you get the dictator governor ....
I think we need an electoral college system at the state level lol