Thieves Amongst Us

Sad to see this happening here in Billings. Looks like more and more folks are stealing these trophies, so stay vigilant folks! Protect yourself and, if buying used goods, ask the right questions. Remember, if it's too good to be true, it probably is. Even if you get the item in question, it may likely be someone's prized possession.

My last hunt in NM I stopped over in MO for a nap at the hotel, rifle's went inside with me. On the way home with 340" bull and MT lion in cooler I drove straight thru 29 hours!!!! My uncle had a mule deer stolen decades ago while he slept at a hotel in WY! Can't trust no one sometimes not even blood!

I think the game Camera's that will text you, hidden in the truck, may become helpful. I'm not sure how fast the text and picture arrive on your phone when the camera is activated, but if it's about 60 to 90 seconds, you may catch the thief, and say hello with your pistol in your hand.

There was a point in time when things changed.
As a kid we didn't have money for lunch so we waited until we got home to eat.My brothers and I walked past an apple orchard and never ever even thought about stealing a single apple.
Recently I went back across town to the doctors office because I kept the ink pen I used to sign papers with and forgot until I got home.
The office lady said you could have kept it and I said no I can't as it's not mine,I don't take whats not mine,thats stealing.
At some point everything changed and I can't figure out exactly when that was but the world is a much worse place since that time.

I think the game Camera's that will text you, hidden in the truck, may become helpful. I'm not sure how fast the text and picture arrive on your phone when the camera is activated, but if it's about 60 to 90 seconds, you may catch the thief, and say hello with your pistol in your hand.
Or a base ball bat!
I want him to live to remember that moment!

My Reveals are pretty fast with photo within a minute around my house. This is on ATT so can't say on others. I can set for any notification sound on my Iphone so it will wake the dead!

Shotgun with #8's followed with buck would be nice introduction I believe.

I get what you're saying and don't disagree, but theft isn't a new thing. People have been stealing from, hurting, and killing one another since the beginning of time ... this is nothing new or isolated to current times.

The only thing I've ever left in the woods was a camera I thought was well hidden ... it wasn't. Stealing is just one thing I'll never understand, especially among a subset of like-minded people like hunters. You just have to accept that there are many lowlifes out there that don't give a rats behind about anything or anyone but themselves.
Here in PA . field cams are not safe left in woods Ihad mine stolen a couple years ago but got it back next year by hunting spot . IT PAYS TO KNOW WHO IS HUNTING NEAR YOU someone i told musthave told the thief to return it or else .

Me and a friend stopped at a small hotel after a week long deer hunting trip in Ohio. We had a couple treestands in the back of the truck and I asked the sweet old lady if I needed to worry about someone stealing. She looked at me and said I better park close to the office since they had a incident about 8 years ago, someone stole a spare tire from the back of a truck.
I parked in front of the office just to be safe.