How to know it is Spring in Cody, Wyoming

30 miles north of Cody they are everywhere. Last fall my buddy and his wife were hunting and they each went up one side of a stream. The Grizz popped out of the brush 40 feet in front of her. She screamed bear and lucky for her it turned a ran. The year before on opening day his buddy saw four no deer. We found the big male feeding on a fresh kill. A big 8 pt whitetail. It was there for three days.
IMG_0921.png

Attachments

• IMG_0922.png
    IMG_0922.png
    340.1 KB · Views: 74
There are many beautiful places that are great to visit in North America. Living there is a completely different story. The mountains are paradise to me in certain times of the year. A wise man told me not to buy a home until you have visited for an extended time during the heart of winter. I also love to visit many other places (California, Colorado, and Canada), but could not live in their political environment. There always seems to be a heavy price to be paid for living in temporary paradise.
Libs are like a terrible virus they destroy everything they touch.

My experience is we really don't mind imports here, as long as they have conservative values.
Freedom, am I right? We can be free to do whatever we want, as I long as you approve? I'm not even sure what constitutes "conservative values" anymore.

Genius. But, just to clarify for for the rest of the world looking at this thread, there is NO SUCH THING AS THE STAR VALLEY, THE SALT RIVER RANGE, GREY'S RIVER, DIAMOND CREEK AND THE BLACKFOOT RIVER OVER IN IDAHO. IT IS ALL A HOAX CREATED BY THE GOVERNMENT TO SEDUCE THE INDEPENDENT MINDED. JUST LOOK AT THE FOLLOWING SENTENCE AND RELAX.

&())*^##$@)))?#$%@@

Don't you feel so much better now?
I have in-laws in the area we visit a few times a year and we have camped at an area called diamond "crick", but never heard of this diamond creek you speak of. 😂

The difference, you generally only get a hurricane every few years…..in some places, South-East Wyoming comes to mind, you have Cat 1 winds about 150 days/year! 🤔 memtb
I-80 can be fun to drive, and years ago, I found myself in one of those wind storms and riding a Honda Goldwing. I never knew I could lean a bike that far and continue to go straight while dodging the overturned 18 wheelers.

Freedom, am I right? We can be free to do whatever we want, as I long as you approve? I'm not even sure what constitutes "conservative values" anymore.
You are right.
We absolutely are free to do whatever we want, within the confines of established laws.
It's our birthright as Americans.
We are also free to approve or disapprove, agree or disagree, associate or not, live where we want to.
I hope you are happy where you are.

Lol, they will vote for the amenities they became accustomed too.
Unfortunately way too true. In CO, years back, I fought the Californians on converting the natural meadows adjacent to an important elk calving ground into soccer fields. Yup, lighted soccer fields up in the mountains. At the time I wrote a nature column in a local paper. There were a bunch of transplanted, entitled parents after my head because my article explaining the consequences of such a blatantly bad action deep-sixed those fields in the court of popular opinion, at the voting places. But alas, that was back before California completely overwhelmed the Front Range. I'll bet there is a Starbucks there now. (Actually had someone complain because the rural mountain residence we were selling - to get the heck out of there - was not close to a Starbucks, horrors.)