2016 Wyoming spring black bear

Tikkamike

I wasn't planning on hunting bear this year being too busy with work so I let a guy I know bait my spot and hunt it. It started off strong he had bears almost immediately but he missed on his first 2 opportunities finally he connected on the third one which happened to be pretty small but he was happy with his first bear

Then the next night a good buddy of mine Brian (owner of shoot-long.com a sponsor here) came up to try and get his second bear. The timing was right and I was able to go with him. Luck was with us and he tagged out on the first night of his hunt (24 hours after one had just been killed)
. Click small pic for video!!!

It was only Friday and we still had all weekend so I decided I'd go up and see if by freak chance we could kill 3 in 3 consecutive nights. It was,t looking good then all the sudden a 3 legged bear I had been watching for 3 years on camera came in for the first time while I was there. I decided I couldn't pass him up.

He ended up being a pretty good bear despite missing one leg between the ankle and knee on the front left.
Finally a week later I decided I'd like to get one of my employees on his first bear. It took a couple nights sitting but he finally got his chance one morning. The 338 win piled up a 5 year old sow.

For a year I didn't expect to hunt at all we did pretty dang good. I have a video of Brian's bear posted but I'll post the video of my bear as soon as it loads to photobucket!

I was wondering when you were gonna post your bears for the year!
I look forward to your bear season pics every year.
Way to get it done.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.