What type of elk gets the biggest antlers in the US and where? Can I go for 12K?

Here's a big one.....
Resized_20230209_100246_9822.jpegResized_20230209_100122_8257.jpegResized_20230209_095315_4332.jpeg
.....if that's big enough for ya...dig deep in that wallet......it's gonna need to be deep..

I know CO has a few private ranches that produce monsters. I have no idea if $12k is even in the ballpark though. A buddy of mine went last year and killed a 439" 8x8.

Last edited:
12k get ya a good roosevelt..sw oregon coast....leased land hunts....spooncreek outfitters....
I think the previous bull was
'"just a touch outside"......

The ranch that bull came from is over 20000 acres.....several days the hunters never saw any elk....
These guys have hunted the coastal elk...they know how to hunt...they are killers.....

I'd rather shoot a 112" barely legal 3 point with a 5" brow in Colorado than a 490" bull on a game farm. And I'd be a hell of a lot more proud.
Agreed! Shooting high fenced anything is like shooting cattle, wouldn't feel as if I accomplished anything. Shooting fish in a barrel comes to mind when I think about high fence.

Agreed! Shooting high fenced anything is like shooting cattle, wouldn't feel as if I accomplished anything. Shooting fish in a barrel comes to mind when I think about high fence.
i grew up on a cattle ranch and every time I think of high fence, whether for elk or Africa, I think of putting a blind up next to the water trough and shooting one of my dads polled Hereford bulls. 😂

If you google TX hunting. It's all over feeders. Even free-range mule deer, it's over feeders. It's standard for TX, and acceptable.
If you want to eat the Elk, you're not going out of the country.
I hunted the GILA, no Elk.

They say high fenced over 5000 acres is equal to free range.
100% free range to me is no fence, no feeders.

Everyone has their own thoughts.