Elk in the East?

Kentucky will have a world record elk taken. Bank on it.
And it's not that easy to hunt. There are some real boondocks out there.

Elk in the east are shot on private ranches zoos and there is no big bulls

Take note that someone starts a threat asking a question with a seemingly obvious answer...tries to lead it to being caged/zoo hunts (post #3 no less)....then another "user" shoes up with the above post from the same state with the same recent join month, a signature of exactly the same format, and very similar posting style. Hmm.

No. I am a native New Mexican and that is just New Mexico for you. :D Especially if you read all his post, a youth hunter and we do rank last in public education in the nation.

Would be interesting for the webby to do an IP address check lightbulb.

No. I am a native New Mexican and that is just New Mexico for you. :D Especially if you read all his post, a youth hunter and we do rank last in public education in the nation.

Would be interesting for the webby to do an IP address check lightbulb.

If the posts are indeed two different people, which I do not believe, perhaps the youth of your state should become better educated before posting here. A lot of people have gone to a lot of work to establish legitimate, huntable elk herds in the east to be insulted by such ignorant and malicious comments.

If the posts are indeed two different people, which I do not believe, perhaps the youth of your state should become better educated before posting here. A lot of people have gone to a lot of work to establish legitimate, huntable elk herds in the east to be insulted by such ignorant and malicious comments.

I didn't say that I agreed with them. I would also not lump all youth into one category. The joy of youth is like being married, opening your mouth before engaging brain :D. I myself am a RMEF member with an educated background in biology and physics and know the amount of work that has gone back east. You all have some beautiful country back there. Nothing like seeing the Kentucky Blue Grass waist high or the Ozarks in the Fall. I still will not give up the Land of Enchantment.

ATH I see you are in IN. You still have those white deer down around Bloomington? I remember a ton of them around the University, almost like they were albino.

ATH I see you are in IN. You still have those white deer down around Bloomington? I remember a ton of them around the University, almost like they were albino.

I've never seen an albino but we have a ton of deer, especially in the southern half of the state. Many counties you can shoot 4-6 does in addition to your buck.

I remember a few that almost looked albino, almost pure white with somewhat pink eyes. Probably not true albinos. I guess most of them would be what you call (?) pie bald, white and brown mixed. Found lots of plant fossils back there with my cousins. Of course that was many moons ago when I was back there.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.