Thieves Amongst Us

FU**K just had someone 11:00PM tried to get a goat stolen off of our property/
I let the dogs out to go to the bathroom and tall a walk around.
The dogs never go to the end Coner let alone the goat field. Dogs just go by SMELL
They are my security. Samson is 11 years and 150# a REAL BRUTE-don-want him to grab you and Cassie is 7 months and 70-80lbs.
Can't believe how much she is in the protection mode
Dogs caught the goat being pulled the fence. I me cannot can not move fast due my neck. Jill was running up to them with a PMR30 and caught them with the dogs going through the fence. I think some got bit, but will deny due to the legal
This was REAL TIME within half hour ago.
After our Fine Police determine that the we owners of the goat may be a diffentent
That is crazy and I hope you n Jill can get a good nights rest !!

Thank you. You are correct. I have strong a opinion and sometimes we're drawn away from the actual post easily.
Thieves should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law. Held on a cash bail and not released early.
I get so upset with the direction our country is going and it is soo hard for me to not get POLITICAL. What are we leaving our children and children's children!!!
It is the people that vote that are screwing thus Country up!

Just had not within 5 minutes all our perimeter alarms to off from our house and Goat fields.
The dogs attacked and being a pacificist I would not take a fire arm with me.

will update
I spoke with another farm that raises goats and they had a goat go missing last month. I am more a humanitarian and not a Pacificist. I didn't want to post me taking a firearm out and then possibly shooting someone, would kind of look like premeditation in the liberal courts.
Was told that maybe someone was stealing goats to try and feed their family due to the economy. Can't see shooting someone trying to feed their family. Could also been a drug addict stealing the goat for money to buy drugs.
Anyway glad we have our goats, Samson & Cassie saved them and didn't have to shoot anyone.

I spoke with another farm that raises goats and they had a goat go missing last month. I am more a humanitarian and not a Pacificist. I didn't want to post me taking a firearm out and then possibly shooting someone, would kind of look like premeditation in the liberal courts.
Was told that maybe someone was stealing goats to try and feed their family due to the economy. Can't see shooting someone trying to feed their family. Could also been a drug addict stealing the goat for money to buy drugs.
Anyway glad we have our goats, Samson & Cassie saved them and didn't have to shoot anyone.
I doubt they will be back to your place after the run in with the dogs.
Any dog is a deterrent but a couple large dogs that are protective are even better!

I doubt they will be back to your place after the run in with the dogs.
Any dog is a deterrent but a couple large dogs that are protective are even better!

Very true. I have a doberman that hates every person on earth besides me and my wife. People get real nervous on my property even when I put him away. The fedex guy throws packages out of the truck haha. Makes me feel better he's home with the wife.

Thieves are one of the lowest forms of scum on earth. Lost a set of Swaro binos because I left them under the seat at restaurant in a tiny mountain town of like 100 people or less. I was literally 50ft away inside. Truck was locked they broke out the wing window and unlocked it. Rifles were locked in the truck tool box thank goodness. County Sheriff told me they have a real drug problem in that area and he could about guess who it was. I asked who, he wouldn't tell me haha...

Anymore I don't stop, I don't even walk into gas stations I pay at the pump where I can keep an eye on my stuff.

The sad thing is paying at the pump is probably the most risky thing you can do. I always pay inside now and lock everything up while I pump. Here in CO they'll crawl in through the passenger side WHILE you're pumping.

I lived in New Orleans, LA back in the early 90's when even the cops were dealing drugs, murder capital of the country and it was NOTHING compared to what Denver is now. At least you could stay out of high crime areas. This place IS a high crime area and I'm familiar with ABQ as well.. I was thinking of moving there with a job relocate some years ago and always check crime stats before I move. ABQ's property crime was off the charts.

Last edited:
The sad thing is paying at the pump is probably the most risky thing you can do. I always pay inside now and lock everything up while I pump. Here in CO they'll crawl in through the passenger side WHILE you're pumping.

I lived in New Orleans, LA back in the early 90's when even the cops were dealing drugs, murder capital of the country and it was NOTHING compared to what Denver is now. At least you could stay out of high crime areas. This place IS a high crime area and I'm familiar with ABQ as well.. I was thinking of moving there with a job relocate some years ago and always check crime stats before I move. ABQ's property crime was off the charts.

Stayed at ABQ Hilton Garden Inn last year on the way back from CO. At breakfast there was some commotion. Found out the truck next to ours was broken into. A commercial outside AC unit was stolen. The victim was some kind of mad. He was a LEO.

Had the burglars hit ours, they may have an easier haul and maybe more drug money. We had two 85mm Zeiss spotters and two Leica bino LRF.

This year all valuables will be in our room.

Are 12 gauge blank trip wires legal in NM?

Stayed at ABQ Hilton Garden Inn last year on the way back from CO. At breakfast there was some commotion. Found out the truck next to ours was broken into. A commercial outside AC unit was stolen. The victim was some kind of mad. He was a LEO.

Had the burglars hit ours, they may have an easier haul and maybe more drug money. We had two 85mm Zeiss spotters and two Leica bino LRF.

A Claymore would be more appropriate!

Stay just outside ABQ in edgewood. Much better odds something won't happen.

Gentlemen, we are quickly coming to the point where our fine skills will be needed. Theivery is only going to get worse with increasing drug problems and sky high inflation. Hope y'all are mentally prepared for that. I doubt many are. I know I'm doing alot of thinking about joining law enforcement in some capacity if I can. I know they could use some good hands.

Last edited: