Thieves Amongst Us

Gentlemen, we are quickly coming to the point where our fine skills will be needed. Theivery is only going to get worse with increasing drug problems and sky high inflation. Hope y'all are mentally prepared for that. I doubt many are. I know I'm doing alot of thinking about joining law enforcement in some capacity among other things.

Long range is long range eh.

Problem is they've rendered the general public helpless. You have to think long and hard (I know that's virtually impossible when you're being assaulted, whether physically or financially). I even stopped cc'ing because you will be labeled the criminal in 99.9% of non-life threatening issues and who has time to pull and fire when someone is already shooting at them??

Just hug your family and pray you don't have to defend their lives.

Yes this is the mental preparation I'm talking about. The refusal to be a victim, or to allow another to be a victim of violence vs watching it and allowing it to happen because of fear of prosecution will weigh on everybodys mind every time you carry. I'm sure everybody has a point where they will say enough is enough and it is good to give it some thought and compare how you feel about what the future holds for either doing something in defense, or not.

The amazing thing is the brazen attitudes of those who want what you have puts them at a point where the sense of danger from retaliation of hunters is less terrible of an idea than the idea of getting a job. That is sad, and telling at the same time of the shifting of attitudes of different sectors of society.

Last edited:
The problem is definition of 'victim' has been changed. You're only a 'victim' now if you're shot at or already been physically assaulted and even then, it's a gray area depending on where you live and the DA/Judge in your area.

Fact of the matter is, the use of firearms are bad in the eyes of judges and DA's mostly liberal now days thanks to our educational system which was corrupted a generation or two ago.

You're better off carrying a large folding knife and using that after you're being shot at by some 'previous offender' in possession of a firearm. Hopefully you can stop them with your folder before they disable you. Case in point that HERO in the grocery store mass shooting a few months ago who went after the shooter with his folding knife because some felony on his record from 30 years relegated him to carrying a knife.

Last edited:
The problem is definition of 'victim' has been changed. You're only a 'victim' now if you're shot at or already been physically assaulted and even then, it's a gray area depending on where you live and the DA/Judge in your area.

Fact of the matter is, the use of firearms are bad in the eyes of judges and DA's mostly liberal now days thanks to our educational system which was corrupted a generation or two ago.

You're better off carrying a large folding knife and using that after you're being shot at by some 'previous offender' in possession of a firearm. Hopefully you can stop them with your folder before they disable you. Case in point that HERO in the grocery store mass shooting a few months ago who went after the shooter with his folding knife because some felony on his record from 30 years relegated him to carrying a knife.
These days you have to be very careful what you post on the internet. In the event you use "Force" to protect yourself or family, your entire life will be pulled apart with a fine-tooth comb by not only Law Enforcement, but the other person and/or their family if they received harm from you. Your Face Book and any Forums that you posted information on mentioning you would shoot someone along with any prejudices. Shooting clubs you belong too. In addition, if you used a firearm, it will be checked for any type of modifications made by you or others to make the firearm more effective (trigger job, sights, optics, grips, magazine, holster) which would imply you had intent to harm.
It is a said society that we have when you are protecting yourself, you're not the victim anymore and can be charged with crimes and sued by the actual criminal!
We have DAs/Prosecuting Attorneys that are liberal and let the criminals walk and then the other extreme having DAs/Prosecuting Attorneys that will put innocent people in jail just for a high conviction rate to further their career.

1993, son's car was burglarized on our driveway. They took the stereo and speaker system. Three years later, while he was in college we received an envelope from Williamson County with a check and a letter explaining they caught the ring snd had been garnishing their paychecks to distribute to the victims.

The check was close to the replacement cost, but the fact that the County stayed with the investigation.

That was the last burglary on our street.

1993, son's car was burglarized on our driveway. They took the stereo and speaker system. Three years later, while he was in college we received an envelope from Williamson County with a check and a letter explaining they caught the ring snd had been garnishing their paychecks to distribute to the victims.

The check was close to the replacement cost, but the fact that the County stayed with the investigation.

That was the last burglary on our street.
That was over 20 years ago and in TX when we actually have Laws.
WOW unbelievable that the court actually garnished the thieves pay. More unbelievable is that the thieves went to work!

That was over 20 years ago and in TX when we actually have Laws.
WOW unbelievable that the court actually garnished the thieves pay. More unbelievable is that the thieves went to work!
Probably why it took so long to send garnished $$.

Wish I kept the letter.

Williamson County, just North of Travis is one of the more conservative counties back then. While Travis is one of the most, if not the most, liberal county in TX.

Last edited:
Problem is they've rendered the general public helpless. You have to think long and hard (I know that's virtually impossible when you're being assaulted, whether physically or financially). I even stopped cc'ing because you will be labeled the criminal in 99.9% of non-life threatening issues and who has time to pull and fire when someone is already shooting at them??

If you use deadly force or the threat of deadly force when faced with non life threatening confrontations you will be labeled a criminal 100% of the time.

I don't know who has the composure to react under fire. I guess it is determined by the individual and the circumstances, but I guarantee you an unarmed citizen has zero chance. I truly believe in that instance my standing in the court of public opinion doesn't carry much weight in my decisions.

Sad to see this happening here in Billings. Looks like more and more folks are stealing these trophies, so stay vigilant folks! Protect yourself and, if buying used goods, ask the right questions. Remember, if it's too good to be true, it probably is. Even if you get the item in question, it may likely be someone's prized possession.

Pretty sad Country we live in. Liberal Cities overrun with business being attacked by mobs of "Smash & Grab". Innocent people being attached in public Subways and on city streets. So bad that even McDonalds pulling their Restaurants out of cities because it is so dangerous. Business closing down. People afraid to use public transportation. Criminals not being charged. Police ordered not to do their jobs. OPEN Boarders where thousands of illegals come into our Country every day. Poison Drugs being fed to our children. Carjackings, Home Invasions and the list goes on. Thought that the deterioration of Society was limited to the Liberal Cities.
Now it moving to the country and farmland. Livestock being stolen and now stealing Deer, Elk, Moose racks from hunter's trucks. Where is there a market for stolen racks and who's buying them?
Local, State, and Federal Government is falling apart. District Attorneys and Prosecuting Attorneys going after the victims and not the criminals. Federal Law Enforcment and Attorney General being used as a Political Tool against US Citizens.
Can't imagine what is currently happening. Don't even want to turn the News on anymore. Can't just live in a Bubble with going hunting, fishing, shooting and enjoying beautiful in life that God has provided us. Evil is finding it's way into everything.

Pretty sad Country we live in. Liberal Cities overrun with business being attacked by mobs of "Smash & Grab". Innocent people being attached in public Subways and on city streets. So bad that even McDonalds pulling their Restaurants out of cities because it is so dangerous. Business closing down. People afraid to use public transportation. Criminals not being charged. Police ordered not to do their jobs. OPEN Boarders where thousands of illegals come into our Country every day. Poison Drugs being fed to our children. Carjackings, Home Invasions and the list goes on. Thought that the deterioration of Society was limited to the Liberal Cities.
Now it moving to the country and farmland. Livestock being stolen and now stealing Deer, Elk, Moose racks from hunter's trucks. Where is there a market for stolen racks and who's buying them?
Local, State, and Federal Government is falling apart. District Attorneys and Prosecuting Attorneys going after the victims and not the criminals. Federal Law Enforcment and Attorney General being used as a Political Tool against US Citizens.
Can't imagine what is currently happening. Don't even want to turn the News on anymore. Can't just live in a Bubble with going hunting, fishing, shooting and enjoying beautiful in life that God has provided us. Evil is finding it's way into everything.
We now live in a culture driven by social media and the internet. Cultural decay now spread faster than Covid as a result.

Better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6

If you use deadly force or the threat of deadly force when faced with non life threatening confrontations you will be labeled a criminal 100% of the time.

I don't know who has the composure to react under fire. I guess it is determined by the individual and the circumstances, but I guarantee you an unarmed citizen has zero chance. I truly believe in that instance my standing in the court of public opinion doesn't carry much weight in my decisions.
Not in all states. Some have stand your ground laws. Also if you fear for you life or family members live's, etc..
In Ca. , Wa., Or., Yes. You would be in trouble.

Recent Posts