THEE only gun you'd never part with

For me, it not just one that I can boil it down to.

Rimfire rifle: It would be the Remington 572 in 22LR. Far too many teenage and later shooting and hunting memories with my friends while using that rifle. Second would be my old Rem 513T, for I shot several clean 50yd smallbore comp targets and then used it for training for LR comp matches.

Centerfire rifle: My old Remington 700 BDL in 222Rem. My second purchased center fire rifle, but one of my most fired and has taken everything from crows, P-dogs, coyotes, deer, etc. At one time, it shot so well I used it in one season of hunter class BR comp. I carried that rifle more than any other CF in my collection. Second would be my old Remington 700 in 30-06 just for all the early family hunting memories attached.

Shotgun: My old Remington 870 pump. It was my first ever personally owned shotgun and a Christmas gift from my now deceased older brother when I was 15. Countless game birds and even deer were taken with it. Lots of hunting memories with friends and family.

Handgun: My Ruger Single Six 22LR/Mag. Another teenage owned firearm that went with me everywhere and shot most everything. Second would be my Dan Wesson 357mag that I purchased at the age of 20, for like the Single Six, I carried, handload and used that handgun a lot. Also, it was my first handgun to be used for serious deer hunting and then used in IHMSA revolver class.

Last edited:
A firearm I never would have parted with is a 20 gauge double barrel I got when I was 9 (it was free to my dad and he wasn't a hunter). Loved that thing, you could fire both barrels at the same time. 😂 Killed my first deer that year, and many squirrels till after highschool. My (insert explicit name) older brother gave it away while I was in basic training. All others are just tools. When I don't have a need for that tool, or it gets boring, it can go down the road…sometimes with little to
A1EC9688-D3BB-42C9-B34F-35381A465587.jpeg

I have 3 . First is my grandpa's interarms Mauser that got a full custom rebuild from Phoenix custom rifles. Second is my dad's first 22 a jc Higgins with the sears roebuck logo and last is grandpa's 1917 eddystone that was sporterized way back when . My dad says him and my uncle would shoot the clothes pins off the target holder with just to pass of grandpa.

I've always looked at my guns as tools for the most part. I do regret selling my Remington 1100 shotgun that I bought over 45 years ago. My first full custom rifle in 280AI would probably qualify as a forever rifle. Invested a great deal of time and $$$ in this rifle. Who knows though. As others have said, everything has a price.

I have a Winchester model 70 classic Sporter in 300wsm. I was working in British Columbia drove down Spokane Washington to buy the gun so I can go hunting while I was working. I shot a beautiful mule deer. The only thing is I was asked by my son who's in the Marine corps to get him a class explorer and a 300 short mag which Winchester does not make anymore so I am just going to give him of that gun. Because I know that gun means just as much to him or more than it does to me because my dad gave me a couple of guns just recently he let me pick a couple that I wanted and I took the ones that had the most sentimental way to me